Looking for an Accountability Partner

Options
I'm a 21 yr old male whos been struggling with weight my whole life. During the pandemic I put on 40 lbs which as of now I've lost 15 lbs. For the first time in a long time I finally being consistent and now am hoping that others keep me on track.
Tagged:

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @ajviray vulnerability like that takes courage & I applaud you. I’m a 40 year old female who was actually in great shape before two kids & a divorce. I currently weigh more than I ever did pregnant & finally decided enough is enough. I’m determined to get back into shape & return to the things I once loved. If I were to return to my best shape (strong & toned) I’d weigh about 50lbs less. But again that doesn’t just include burning fat but building actual muscle mass as well. I’d say my biggest priority is great cardiovascular health. All that said I have a long road ahead of me & am happy to be an accountability partner.

I’m on a 7 day streak!

Daily check-in’s?
  • Chak_Chandra
    Chak_Chandra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 @ajviray I can relate to both of you so much, and I want to be accountability partners with steps, calorie goals, and daily check ins. What do you say?
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Good morning friends!
    Daily Inspiration: “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the upmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
    Weekly weight: -1.6lbs.
    Report on yesterday: Sore but feeling optimistic & working toward my goals. Starting my mornings by accounting for previous day. 🥗Under, 💪 23 min. Rowing + yard work 1.5hr.,💧128 oz. (met), ⛑ +74 (143) - working towards 100 daily PAI, 👟 8,107 - close (goal 10k daily)

@ajviray
    @Chak_Chandra
    Looking forward to celebrating your reports. Even if you slide, coming back & taking accountability is worth applauding.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    6/7 - Hey guys @ajviray & @Chak_Chandra checking in…. Both of you are awfully silent all of the sudden so I hope all is well.

Report on yesterday: 🥗Under, 💪 30 min. Light rowing + 30 min. Light strength training + 30 min. Hatha yoga,💧144oz. (over), ⛑ +15 (158) - working towards, 👟 6,269 - under. Had a terrible nights rest thanks to my PTSD (13 min. Deep/ 1 hr. 28 REM, 3.10 light, the rest of my 8.5hrs in bed registered as awake). My sleeping BPM shot up & down like a roller coaster all night from 43 to 126! It’s been almost 20 years & remains a difficult topic. I wish mental health wasn’t taboo. Nobodies pain should be wrapped in shame but it frequently gets dressed that way. Still sore on top of exhausted. Took a much needed rest & recovery day (still moving) which included meditation & a nap.

Inspiration: “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” - Maya Angelou
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    6/8 - 👀 Still thinking about you friends (@ajviray, @Chak_Chandra). Where my boys at?

Report on yesterday: 🥗over, 💪 cross country hike & 50 min. moderate rowing💧170 oz. (over), ⛑ +40 (199) - working towards, 👟 11,457 - met. Spent the afternoon hiking with the kids and had hoped to call my exercise. Then I met up with an old friend……all I needed was 1 delicious margarita to put me over and then there was dessert! I won’t even dig into the sodium. Tried to work it off in the evening but was just too exhausted after all of the sunshine and another night of poor sleep.

Inspiration: “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston S. Churchill
  • emmaeatsbetter
    emmaeatsbetter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Emma - I am on a weight loss journey. I have been up and down in weight for years for as long as I can remember to be completely honest😞 sick of always being the biggest girl in the room. I am back on the weight loss train trying to loose around 4 stone. I would love to make some friends on here to chat about our journeys, keep each other motivated and accountablity🌻. I am feeling incredibly lonely in this journey so more than happy for people to add my username as a friend on MFP and happy for a chat!🥰 My posts seem to get lost so I am feeling quite overwhelmed, my username is - emma10202022 would love to get involved!! Thank you 😌
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @emmaeatsbetter welcome! Not sure where the others went but happy to see someone else on here. Been starting to feel like this accountability thread is simply a diary entry to myself but I keep coming back and hoping to see the guys check in. Happy to be here for you anytime.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    6/9 - Good morning friends, how’s everyone’s fitness plan going?

Report on yesterday: 🥗under, 💪 1hr. Dancing with kids & 1.5 hrs. Rowing💧164 oz. (over), ⛑ +25 (224) - working towards, 👟 7,587 (under). Slept better but still not great. Put in some extra effort to try and work off yesterday’s choices and feel good about what I was able to achieve.

Inspiration: "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” -Christian D. Larson
  • jazzgtrman
    jazzgtrman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gained the same amount for the same reasons. Had my semi-annual doc visit last month and she had gained a bit of weight as well. I asked her how many others had and her answer was 75% of the people in the US had gained due to isolation, depression, and inactivity. I have got off my a** for a couple of months now and feel so much better mentally and physically. Hey, life happens and sometimes it gets to us. The pandemic is/was no small thing. Thanks for being transparent!
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    6/10 - What does accountability look like to you? Is it simply friending strangers to add to your feed? Interactions on group discussions? What data & at what frequency?

Report on yesterday: 🥗under, 💪 1hr. Rowing💧144 oz. (over), ⛑ +23 (247) - working towards, 👟 10,151 (met). Slept like a champ & seeing cardio improvement. Weather is nice so I took the day off & am headed to the lake for some kayaking!

Inspiration: "When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves” -Buddha
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    6/11 - Report on yesterday:

💪 Found my zen kayaking/swimming at the lake all day with the kids. Just what the doctor ordered but whew sore before bed. Iced some & probably gonna take an R&R day but I’ll move somehow.🥗 under💧132 oz. (over), ⛑ +36 (284) - working towards, 👟 7,623 (under but the paddling made up for it).

Inspiration: "Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” - Oprah Winfrey
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Another day kayaking/swimming at the lake with the kids 💪.🥗 under,💧164 oz. (over), ⛑ +22 (261) - working towards, 👟 7,443 (under again but my arms did the work for me).
    “Make joy your compass.” - Robyn Sharma
  • StDominicBarberi
    StDominicBarberi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am 53 and when I was 48 I got in the best shape of my life, lost 30lb+ and was a size 4. I always like to weight train to lose weight and inches and that time I combined it with MFP. Unfortunately my son age 11 was diagnosed with cancer in fall 2017 than I was diagnosed with cancer in June 2018. It was in my spine and I was on bed rest for 6 months. Recovery took a long time but I am now completely off all my meds pain free and cancer free. My son also fully recovered.

Needless to say with recovery + COVID I became very sedentary and put on weight. I was at my highest weight ever at 185lb so added 45lb. I have been logging on MFP for a week and am below 180lb. I am trying to up my steps with a fitbit and at the gym with a personal trainer 3 times a week. I need accountability with a PT or I just won't go! It's only once new habits are deeply ingrained that I can drop the PT. I started working out about 6 weeks ago and only just got the motivation to even care about food and weight.

I am just going to take each day and week as it comes! We can do it if we just don't give up and give making those small changes every day.
  • StDominicBarberi
    Options
    Please add me as a friend as the app has changed since I last used it and I'm not sure how to do it....
  • JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @StDominicBarberi welcome. Sorry to hear of these challenges life has thrown at you. I’m inspired by hearing your story about how you are bouncing back. Many successes to celebrate on this journey. Keep it up & if you need an accountability pal, I’m here. Cancer aside we are in similar territory. I’m still dealing with some long CoVID symptoms (7 months) but getting stronger every day. I’m down 9.8lbs since Feb. and joined MFP 2 weeks ago.

@jazzgtrman thanks for the reminder we are not alone. You are amazing! I needed that extra boost of encouragement the other day.
  • StDominicBarberi
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Thank you @JbeanR0212 ! Just took a two hr walk with my dog. I was surprised I could walk for so long TBH. My husband also got back to working out a year ago and he is looking great, he has pecs for the first time in his life 😅 ! My son joined him and they weight train together. My son is 15 now and put on a lot of muscle this year. He was a string bean before. He needed to gain some weight and put on 20lb, his fat % is 10%. So seeing them work out and play basketball etc encourages me. A goal for me would be working out with the rest of my family as my 21 & 19 daughters are very fit too.

I am focusing on building my stamina by walking as well as my strength training and HIT at the gym.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Was a sedentary day, weather kinda ruined my plans and I had a lot of work to catch up on. Still got some exercise in. Macro’s were darn near perfect woohoo! Been exceeding my personal goals easily, considering adequate re-evaluation to push myself accordingly. 🥗 under, 💪 strength training + 40 minutes of rowing,💧160 oz. (over), ⛑ +20 (236) - working towards, 👟 4,632 (way under).
    “If you have the courage to BEGIN, you have the courage to SUCCEED.” - David Viscott
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    6/14 - Struggled with the motivation today but stuck with the plan. 🥗 under but only because I busted my tail 💪 strength training, 15 min. rowing, 25 min. Pilates, 20 min. Hatha Yoga and…… some dancing. Decided that every-time I’m inspired by someone’s progress, kids & I are going to do a dance off to that person’s favorite song in celebration. Great way to diversify my workout playlist! 💧160 oz. (over), ⛑ +10 (234), 👟 12,751 (met).
    “Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.”- Stuart Scott
  • StDominicBarberi
    Options
    Hey everyone have you watched Stranger Things? We are on the 4th season.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @StDominicBarberi my son loves that show! He was bummed it took so long for Season 4 to come out & bing watched it immediately. New episodes next month and he’s already excited for that release.