Should men shave their legs

Options

Replies

• JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Both men & women should do whatever is comfortable to them.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It's not my preferred look for men, but I get there are sports that need it, and it doesn't necessarily bother me. The guys shaving their legs aren't hurting me.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    #equality
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    if you believe in infinite universes and possibilities, it stands to reason in at least one of them, it's totally fashionable to shave your eyebrows off.

so thank goodness the biggest issue we have facing out universe is the berenstain bears thing.

I love the berenstain bears. I read all the books when I was a kid, lol.
  • craziirabbit
    craziirabbit Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nothing sexier than a hairy man. But you do you.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Whatever makes YOU feel good. It really does not matter if others accept it or not life is too short to worry what others think. We spend too much time trying to fit in and whatever you choose will be fine. Personally I like some hair!
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Nothing sexier than a hairy man. But you do you.

Have you met my friend ser Jorah? He's basically a bear
  • THS2HASPASSED
    THS2HASPASSED Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I keep mine shaved.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    It is considered super gay in my society, so I will not do that in the coming years.

Happy Pride month :)
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Anyone should shave or not depending on their own preference. I don’t really care either way, but a super hairy back kind of grosses me out when I’m giving a massage or putting sunblock on him.
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Shaving your back and shoulders maybe, but legs? It's a bit weird. But I notice that the generation Z is very much into removing body hair.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don’t tell other people what to do with their bodies
  • textilexst
    textilexst Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It’s always up to you. I have never tried shaving legs and will probably never try. I am too lazy for this, and it is too painful and time-consuming.
    An option called ipl hair removal device can help you get rid of most of your hair for a long time. It will be somehow painful, but the result will stay there for several months or more. So, it can be a good option for people who don’t want to spend too much time with all this stuff.
    So, as for now, I feel no urge to shave my legs. However, I cannot say the same about some other parts of my body.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I often forget to shave my stubble on my face so I’m definitely not about to venture into more shaving territory lol.

That said, if somebody wants to then more power to them!
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don’t tell other people what to do with their bodies

I’ve changed my mind. Hot wax for everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I shave almost all my body hair every time I shower. I prefer feeling smooth all over and it accentuates muscle definition. Been doing this for years. But I'm pretty hairless to begin with. My biggest concern was itch and moisturization. Using EOS Shea Butter colodial oatmeal shave cream has totallly reduced any razor burn or itch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @ninerbuff I like everything you do and say. 😁 I just do but I live on another planet. I can't begin to imagine all of these hunting outfitters, ranchers and farmers shaving their legs. Rolling ROFL's. I would be crawling around on my hands and knees watching that grooming ritual. It would lay me out flat on the ground. I can see how it shows off your muscle definition. I'd like to be in your gym because I think you're fun and good to people. It may be the new trend and eventually everyone will shave everything. We'll all be bald as billiard cubes.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff I like everything you do and say. 😁 I just do but I live on another planet. I can't begin to imagine all of these hunting outfitters, ranchers and farmers shaving their legs. Rolling ROFL's. I would be crawling around on my hands and knees watching that grooming ritual. It would lay me out flat on the ground. I can see how it shows off your muscle definition. I'd like to be in your gym because I think you're fun and good to people. It may be the new trend and eventually everyone will shave everything. We'll all be bald as billiard cubes.
    I hear ya. For me, it's because I work and live in a gym the majority of my time. It's an accepted culture here and I rarely hang out with anyone who doesn't work out. So for those that don't that I see on occasion, they think I'm weird. But I've always been weird so it's no big deal to me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I was in the Army, I knew quite a few guys who shaved their legs. Not weird, came from a variety of backgrounds. There was one subset of dudes who also shaved their arms (NOT their armpits, I mean FOREARMS), and that... that was a little odd, because of how fast it grew back. Like, they'd have five o'clock shadows on their arms, and that just seems prickly and uncomfortable tbh