Fish Ideas

Options
MrsPeavley
MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
I like swai and talapia fillets whats some good ideas on how to prepare them?

Replies

• chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Swai-- but love tilapia. Hope you get some responses.. I would love some recipes too.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Beat one egg. Dip fish fillet in egg, and then dip in Panko bread crumbs. Bake at 350 until flakes easily with a fork (around 20 to 30 minutes). I can coat 12 ounces of fish using about 1/2 an egg and 1/4 cup of Panko which adds about 90 calories. Tonight I had 12 ounces of cod for 366 calories.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My fave "go to" site is www.allrecipes.com check it out:flowerforyou:
  • Hnter76
    Hnter76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mango habanaro seasonings garnish with orange slices an plank em...for me thats where its at. :-)
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This recipe (http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=157913) is the best non-fried breaded fish recipe I've ever had. VERY simple. We did it with Pacific sole but it ought to work well with tilapia.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia--eat it almost every day for lunch. I brush it w/ extra light olive oil, sprinkle w/ Italian seasoning and grated parmagian (sp?), and bake it.

I also like it marinated in terriyaki and sprinkled w/ sesame seeds before baking.
  • harempants
    harempants Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like cajun seasoning or lemon (or lemon pepper) on mine. I also sometimes serve it with lemon dill sauce: mix plain yogurt with lemon juice and a small amount of dried dill (or a larger amount of fresh dill), and spoon over cooked fish like tartar sauce. In this case I like to sprinkle some lemon juice and dill on the fish as well.
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I personally like fish in tomato sauce. I usually cut onions, garlic, and about 3 whole tomato up into pieces. Get a pan out with some extra virgin olive oil and add the top ingredients. I put the fire on medium and cook it together until it starts to shimmer and then I put the fish on top and bake it in the natural tomato sauce. It's delicious.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I like swai and talapia fillets whats some good ideas on how to prepare them?
    I just add some garlic, oregano I can't Belive its Not butter spray, or some lemon and bake it for 10 minutes and serve it with brown jasmine rice. Soooo good!!
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Foil pouches!

Season filet on both sides (I use salt, pepper, and lemon zest), place in the middle of a big piece of aluminum foil, then pile a mound of fresh veggies on top (ideas: broccoli florets, bell peppers, onion, carrot slices, zucchini, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc, etc). I then squeeze some lemon juice, sriracha (asian hot sauce), and a dollop of smart balance light on top of the veggies. wrap the foil up to form a tightly sealed pouch, but leave some head room inside. Bake at 400º until flaky tender (20 min?) - it'll steam inside the pouch. I do this with flounder and I'm planning salmon next.
  • luvmy3jewels
    luvmy3jewels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia parmesan. In a small bowl mix together 2 TBSP of mayo, some lemon juice, salt, pepper, Old Bay and some grated parmesan cheese. Place 2 tilapia filets on a pan and stick it under the broiler. Flip the fish over after they have browned a little on the top. Let that side get almost done and then smear the mayo mixture over the filets and stick back under the broiler until brown and bubbly. (Fat/Calories will vary depending on what kind of mayo you use). Quick, easy, and delicious!!
  • bandgeek4ver
    Options
    Fish tacos are awesome. Pan sauteed tilapia with cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, and garlic powder. Break up the fillets after they are cooked. Spoon the fish onto a whole wheat tortilla load up with lettace and tomatoes. Top with mango salsa. Bon Appetite
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    love the ideas!
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    I love salmon! I brush some EVOO on both sides and sprinkle garlic powder, pepper and a tiny bit of sea salt and bake in a glass baking dish at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.