*Body Fat photo eval* Styku says 30.7%!!!! Beyond bummed!!!!

Options
nay0m3
nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
edited June 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
30.7% body fat!! I am 5'3" weigh 135 and am fairly toned, other than some extra weight
I carry in my legs and hips. I really did not at all think I was at 30 %!!! Is that accurate? Thoughts?? An inbody scan a year ago pegged me at 15% which I think was also inaccurate. Does it even matter?!!? 6omg2jg2a8sw.jpg

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,992 Member
    Options
    Well, you look great. I would stop paying money for that scan, for one thing.

Is there some reason you need to have a number attached to your body fat percentage?
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This was my result from April 2020 before the weight gain. I checked it on the scan machine at the yoga studio before it shut down.

My height is close to yours. Weight is a little different. But my body fat percentage there is 26% so I guess it makes sense -ish. Not that it means much to me. I felt pretty good about myself at that weight. 9lp7o4cnreyc.jpg
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter at all. You appear to be fit with a healthy body weight and excellent muscle mass.

What benefit are you trying to even get from measuring yourself? Especially with notoriously inaccurate tools?
  • nay0m3
    Options
    @88AViva Thank you for sharing! What are your goals now? Happy to help if I can.

@Xellercin I think I am trying to gauge the progress I made but instead it feels like I have failed. But I know this isn't true. Just gotta work on my mind which seems to be so much more difficult at times than working on my body! Was hoping to hear from others who had similar experiences with scans and from others who can help me trust I am on the right journey and to just keep keeping on. Sometimes I feel like I "SHOULD" push more, do more, eat better, but in reality, I know I am doing great.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Meh. Those scans vary wildly in accuracy. If you want an accurate measurement get a dexa. Or just measure progress visually .
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Even if you are 30% that puts you in what is generally considered a “healthy” range for women. If you like how you look, then I don’t see an issue
  • nay0m3
    Options
    @cmriverside WTF is RIGHT!!!!!!!!! Why I even entertained that thought....I have no idea!!

@cupcakesandproteinshakes I love the "meh" response. This is like a dexa but it's called Styku. IDK Just wanted to try it but I shouldn't have been so excited to see a 20ish number and then get blasted with 30+!

@gpanda103 I am constantly striving to be better. I would love to see some changes in my lower body still and I am...very, very slowly. <3 I have thought about throwing a fat burner in but think those also are a waste of $$. Just gotta stay happy with the slow progress!
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    yrflihsiypu9.png
    a number can make someone feel "good", but ultimately your body and health matters most.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Based on your photo and measurements there is no way you are 30% body fat. Those things are wildly inaccurate. You look about 19-20%, really lean actually.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    The thing about any of those body scanners is they are wildly inaccurate. Their inaccuracy comes down to the fact that they compare fat mass to lean body mass. Lean body mass basically means everything that's not fat. Did you drink alit of water? Are you dehydrated? That can drastically change the composition percentages you get. Really, the percentages are meaningless (they're not even accurate), all that matters is how YOU feel about your body, and that doesn't come from a random number spit out of a machine that's most likely wrong anyway.
  • nay0m3
    Options
    @AnnPT77 standard bro advice <3 heee heee heeeeee still chuckling at this!!!