Turkey???

gel91
gel91 Posts: 309
edited October 2 in Recipes
Got some turkey steaks shopping the other day. They need to be eaten but what to do with them?

Grill them and put them in a stir fry or with pasta, or just eat whole by themselves with some garlic and onion rings and veg?!

Any ideas?!

Replies

• RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    My mum used to top them with a little pizza sauce and then a slice of mozzarellla and then cook them in the oven, like a sort of pizza
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    I would chop it up and make a stir fry. Frozen stir fry packs are good for quickness and some are pretty tasty. We miz up an egg with some water and por into the veg and turkey with some dark soy sauce (add spices/chillis to you taste), serve accompaniment of your choice (I use rice noodles and stir fry these seperatley with some more egg and soy suace :-)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    I'm making turkey stroganoff tonight- very quick and tasty.

Turkey breast steaks, chopped into slices.
    1 onion, chopped
    1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
    Mushrooms (as many as you like) halved (I like them chunky but you can slice them finer)
    1 pot low fat soured cream
    1 chicken/veg stock cube
    Juice of 1/2 a lemon
    pinch of paprika
    Black pepper
    Chopped fresh parsley to garnish

1. Sautee the garlic & onions to soften. Add the turkey & mushrooms and fry for about 5 mins.

2. Dissolve the stock cube in boiling water and add to the pan. Simmer for a further 5 mins to reduce. Add seasoning & lemon juice.

3. Add the sour cream and stir through at the last minute. Garnish with fresh parsley and an extra dusting of paprika.

Serve with shredded savoy cabbage (low carb option), cauli mash (low carb) or rice/ potatoes.
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    I had turkey steaks the other day. I browned them off slightly, added chopped leeks, would have added mushrooms to but didnt have any, make up vegetable stock cube with water and add, let it simmer for 20 mins or so. Take out Turkey steaks, add a little creme freche to the sauce and spoon on top of steaks. Had Cabbage mash and broccoli with it. Was Yummy. Even my son who was turning his nose up through out it being cooked loved it.
  • I use Mrs Dash salt free seasonings and then pan fry them. They are so delicious. Serve with cous cous and steamed veggies.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Wow these sound yummy. I ended up just having it in a stir fry and then for lunch today with brocolli and brussels :)

But will be buying more on friday as I never realised how damn tasty it was!!

Will be trying these, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.