Don't know what to eat

Options
Hello everyone I'm brand-new to this and I've been working out 6-7 times a week for the past 8 weeks I realize I wasn't getting the results I'm looking for based off my old diet so now that I'm trying this app and introduced to the Marco calculator I'm finding myself stuck in not knowing what to eat to get to my goal which is shown below if anyone can help me with this I will grateful appreciate it I've also gain 2lbs which is weird

Calorie & Macro Goals

Default Goal

Calories

Carbohydrates 350g 50%

Protein 140g 20%

Fat 93g 30%

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    Eight weeks is not a very long time, when it comes to seeing exercise results.

What exercise are you doing, specifically? What results are you seeking from the exercise specifically? Have you seen any progress at all (either toward your desired results, or other changes that might be from the exercise)?

How tall are you now, and what do you weigh? Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight, stay the same weight, or . . . ?

We might have advice or suggestions, but we'd need more information from you.

The MFP default macro goals are not unreasonable for a wide range of people, unless there are special circumstances. The most common "special circumstances" I've seen here on MFP are people trying to lose weight very fast for their current body size, so they need more protein (and sometimes fats) than the default percentages suggest because they're at meager calories. Another range of people find that they need slightly more protein than the default, though sometimes added exercise calories make it work out OK.

Without knowing more about you and your goals, I don't know how to reply.

P.S. It's common to add some extra pounds on the scale when starting a new exercise program, especially a strength program. Personally, I tend to gain about 2 pounds when I resume progressive strength training after a hiatus, and hold onto those pounds until I stop strength training again. That's not true for everyone, but it is for me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    As far as finding foods to fit your macros - if you are like I was when I first started and don't have a very good understanding of macros or nutrition then I'd suggest doing some online research.

The exact numbers (macros) aren't as important as finding your calorie level needed to fit whatever your goal is.

Just start logging food you are already eating, look at your FOOD diary and make adjustments as you go.

Good rule of thumb: if you're not vegetarian eat meat, eggs, and seafood. For everyone: dairy, grains, nuts, beans, a small amount of fats like oil or butter, whole fruits and vegetables. Log it before you eat it, adjust sizes of portions to meet your goal.

It takes time and experimentation.
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Honestly, macros can be useful tools but they aren't always necessary. I've lost 40+ pounds eating whatever I want.. Just as long as I stick with my allotted calories for the week.

I'm not saying don't bother, but if you're not losing now, it's unlikely to be the thing that magically drops the weight. Best thing at the beginning is to make sure you are logging food and exercise accurately, drinking plenty of water and being patient! Once you've got that down, then use macros to help you choose better foods for muscle gains, satiety, energy, etc.
  • omari_101
    omari_101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 5 I've lost pounds and inches I'm at 225 I wanna stay at 220 and maintain 220 while burning fat and building muscle I have been going to the gym and he exercise everyday for the past 9 weeks 60 minutes a day focusing on full body exercises
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    omari_101 wrote: »
    I'm 6 5 I've lost pounds and inches I'm at 225 I wanna stay at 220 and maintain 220 while burning fat and building muscle I have been going to the gym and he exercise everyday for the past 9 weeks 60 minutes a day focusing on full body exercises

In that case, I think this thread would have information useful for you:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

It's exactly about staying at a steady weight, but gaining muscle while losing fat, and discusses a lot of perspectives/experiences.
  • omari_101
    omari_101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks