Newbie :)

Options
Hiya! My name is Isabella (Izzy or Bella is cool) and I've always been a fashionatic and I want to finally fit into all of the clothes I fall in love with. I'm good with the exercise but I love my food a little too much (can I get a holla?), so hopefully I'll fight that with the awesome support here.

Quick Question: What is the one thing that motivates you, like when you see it, you know you have to get up and burn the fat? (Ex. $350 Ralph Lauren shirt :))

Replies

• schmexybella
    Options
    Hiya! My name is Isabella (Izzy or Bella is cool) and I've always been a fashionatic and I want to finally fit into all of the clothes I fall in love with. I'm good with the exercise but I love my food a little too much (can I get a holla?), so hopefully I'll fight that with the awesome support here.

Quick Question: What is the one thing that motivates you, like when you see it, you know you have to get up and burn the fat? (Ex. $350 Ralph Lauren shirt :))
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.

The things that keeps me motivated is: I put a pic of me when I was 292 pounds on the fridge, and one of me at my goal weight on there also, so when I get down and get discouraged I just go and look at those pics and it keeps me motivated.
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    Hi & welcome Izzy:flowerforyou:
    Hm, well clothes can be motivating to some but for me it's knowing I am getting healthier and fit and stronger. Those are why I began my journey and why I continue to walk the path each day.:happy:

I feel great when I see my body so much smaller than it used to be, becoming more toned and seeing the strenght training paying off. lol

I know some on here do use rewards as a method when setting a goal of say 10 lbs or 50 lbs off etc. some plan a pedi/mani, hair cut, a trip, etc.

So if you find the clothes are working for you as rewards to keep you motivated...I say more power to you for finding what works for you Hon:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Hi Issy :bigsmile: I have an Aunt with that name :bigsmile: Nice name:happy: Good luck on your weight loss journey and welcome
  • papersparrow
    papersparrow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bella!

I'm new here myself, so it's neat to see the community grow so quickly and see so many new faces. As for my own motivation, I like the idea of seeing my endurance and stamina grow. I also would love to be able to play with my nephews and niece without getting winded or tired too easily. And believe me, kids are relentless with energy!

And holla! I love me my food too! A bit too much really hahah. I am also a guilty fan of chocolate. =)

It's nice to meet you, and hope to hear more from you in the future.

Cheers,
    Carol