NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I think you had a really good day. And you are right about taking the reigns and wild cats. And I love that you think in cartoons. ;) Thank you. 3 waters, that's great!

@theslightedgeforever Yes! I looked at my Tonal chart and I've been working out for 4 weeks now. Yes, the buffering was so frustrating. I'd be trying to do a workout and all of the sudden it would buffer and I'd have to wait until it started again. I'm going strong though. Oh gosh, I hope you don't get COVID! Where are you going on vacation? That would definitely ruin it to get COVID. Great job on the green dots.

Hello all and Happy Friday! I am off today for my husband's birthday (it's actually Monday but we took today off to celebrate). We are going to the zoo this morning and then later in the day, our pup is getting pampered at a groomer's. This week may actually end in lots of weekly points leftover! Right now, I have 27 weekly points left over. I did another workout yesterday. It felt good. Blue dot was had.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. We went to the zoo yesterday but only stayed for about an hour because my knee started hurting. It's hurting pretty badly today so I am not working out. I did not end the week with 27 weekly points, I ended with about 5 because we went to a coffee shop and I had breakfast and that took up a bunch of points. But I still had a loss, I'm down 0.6 lbs. I'm meeting a friend for coffee this morning. Tonight, we are going out with my SIL to celebrate my husband's birthday.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't do too well yesterday, got up way too early, felt horrible with a headache and well just one of those days. I deep cleaned my closet and bedroom last night. I still have some things of my parents that I need to go through one more time and get rid of what I can not part with..LOL But I feel better that I have no more dust bunnies and things got a little more organized..maybe I'll count that as my exercise..LOL Still have this itchy rash..UGH

@trooworld I am so sorry about your knees, I hope you feel better by end of day..take it easy. Knees are really one thing I don't want to live without. LOL I hope you and DH have a great celebration of his birthday...I am glad they only come around 1 time a year, so I don't feel bad about eating the cake I LOVE..lol. I can hear baby girl in my head..yesterday she wanted some milk and I am telling you she eats tons of dairy..I told her no she had to wait a bit..she said but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my milk...I laughed..

@theslightedgeforever Oh I hope you don't get covid...may the covid just skip right over you...that's what rain does to our house..it goes all around us, but we rarely get any..LOL

Cbabie

Didn;t even track water or food..UGH
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Tamevv so sorry that you caught Covid but glad you are recovering. Congrats on your weight loss! :)

@trooworld bummer about the Tonal acting up and your poor knee hurting. Hopefully, it will improve with a little rest. Happy birthday to your hubby!! B)

@cbabie I always count deep cleaning as exercise. I’ve been getting a lot of that lately! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever Hopefully you won’t come down with Covid. Joe’s daughter-in-law tested positive the day after she got back home from visiting us, but so far, we are all good. I told the hospital, and they didn’t even seem to care. OK, I don’t either then. :/

Hello! Well, life is still full of crazy around there. Joe had to go back to the hospital on Thursday because he was talking out of his head. They discovered that the antibiotic they had given him wasn’t working. Great!! So, he came home yesterday with a stronger med that will hopefully do the trick. And on top of all that fun, my sister is moving in this evening from Florida. Her life has become truly unbearable with her daughter’s boyfriend and other family drama. So, I’m moving her in and she has promised to help me with mom and Joe. It was all very rushed and on top of Joe in the hospital, I had to clean out the exercise/storage room so she can move into it. I’m exhausted but plugging along. My weight is up and I don’t even care at the moment. I plan to get back on track after Joe’s son is gone and hopefully, life will settle down. Please tell me that life can actually be calm! :s
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I hope your head feels better today. That's great you organized your closet. I really need to do that, too. That is exercise! My knee feels better today. Yeah, I don't want to live without mine either. I'm glad birthdays are only once a year, too, although I was listening to a podcast the other day and they said that if you count all the holidays and potential celebrations, it adds up to 28% of our year so we should not use every chance to celebrate! That made me think. Awww, baby girl!

@TeresaW1020 It did, my knee feels "normal" today! Thank you! Oh gosh, Teresa, that's a lot to deal with. Just take care of everyone (including yourself) and do the best you can with your weight, you can always do that later. Hugs.

Hi all. I've had a great weekend so far. Yesterday, I met my friend for coffee and then met my husband at a used book store where we each picked out a book. We took our books and went to a brewery and had a beer and read. I had a carnitas torta (Mexican sandwich) that I regretted later because, although it was delicious, it upset my stomach. At 7, we went with my SIL to a restaurant for drinks and appetizers. We had mostly salad with a few other appetizers.

Today, we are celebrating (again) at my BIL's apartment. I am making a cake and a salad and there will be quiche and home fries. But first, I am going to work out. I think I can see muscle developing in my legs (although this may be wishful thinking lol). My knee is feeling better now.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Well, I went way over on my points. I'm -37 points and the week doesn't reset until Saturday. :( I'll just keep on working on it. I worked out yesterday and will again this morning.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Quick pop in. I didn't think anyone had posted cause every time I logged on it showed me as the last one who posted. Then I noticed that there was a pg 438. So......

Still sitting in my room. A couple of symptoms have popped up. But then they're gone so who knows. Thursday is my get out of jail free card. Although I'm supposed to mask Days 6-10.

I lost 2.2 lbs this week. So there's that. Starting a new week on green dots.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Today is get back on track. No excuses. I have been using my house Reno as an excuse for not working out. Drinking way to much booze on the weekends. No progress what’s so ever. Going to start the squat challenge today. Need to get the legs in shape big time. Plan is no booze (like my micolob ultras and Budlight selzers) unless I have the calories for it and will allow myself one day on the long weekend to let loose. Plan to walk or jog at least 3 days this week (have a busy week but sure I can fit that in). I did figure out the posting. This new platform will take some getting used to
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so apparently I wasn’t off the hook yet. The last few days have been totally fatigued and achey and foggy-headed. I noted your comment @cbabie about losing your smell and it got me thinking - I’m a little worried about my hearing because it seems so cotton-wooley this week, so fingers crossed it clears when the fog does. Other half tried to help by cooking dinner on Sunday but ended up literally exploding a Pyrex dish cause he had it on direct heat (apparently you used to be able to heat Pyrex on the stovetop????). So I ended up throwing something together while he deep cleaned the kitchen and disposed of food dregs and glass shards. I felt bad for him cause he he was trying to be so helpful, then had to see it all wasted. I know that feeling, so reassured him I appreciated the effort and was really looking forward to the next time he cooks me dinner (although I fear it may be a while 😞). On the inside tho, I was soooo disappointed cause I really was looking forward to him contributing a bit more (or at all) in the kitchen department. Oh well. He was willing once, so maybe it will happen again. The thought was there.

Anyway so that’s my story of the week. Hopefully next week I can get back to routine and start exercising again. I’m not keen to push physically too early and still finding it hard to get a deep breath. Fingers crossed it passes soon.

@renaegry I hope it’s a good week for you and that you find your focus. Glad you are feeling more comfy with the new platform. Im having trouble accessing recipes I have stored on the app - can only see the ingredients but not the method. Bit frustrating.

@thelightedgeforever Hoping you are still clear. It’s a weird disease this one. Symptoms are so random and unpredictable.

Have a good week all.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Let's hope you can get out of jail on Thursday. Congrats on the loss!

@renaegry That sounds like a solid plan. Good luck!

@Tamevv I'm sorry you've still got symptoms. That's too bad about the other half's attempt at cooking. Yeah, that's a bummer when something happens to what you are making. It was really nice of him to attempt. Yeah, don't push it you don't want to have a relapse.

Hi all. I've got a headache this morning. I hope it goes away soon. I don't want to work with a headache. If it gets worse, I may call off.

Water yesterday: 32 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, yesterday was a blur..LOL. I did manage to lose 2.6 lbs last week, not sure how that was...I am assuming it was the water weight from last week. LOL. I am still moving forward. Its been so hot I don't want to be outside, not even to get in the pool. I still have this rash on my chest, the back seems to be less, but the itchy is awful.

@theslightedgeforever So sorry you are stuck in a room...LOL I can see the boys doing a happy dance..(except for the meals ) LOL yea on the loss!!!

@renaegry little goals, little goals...I always want to get it ALL done and then get overwhelmed and then frustration sets in...then..LOL. I read the book 1 thing and I always remember do one thing, master it and then do 1 other thing, master it, etc. You got this!!

@Tamevv so sorry you are still having issues...I had to laugh at the Pyrex story...been there with my DH...LOL. One time he was helping me with dinner...I had made meatloaf and put it in the fridge with saran wrap over the top of a glass dish...well I said put in the oven at 350 for blah blah blah...when we were eating it, It was chewy and I was trying to figure out what it was...I looked at him and said...DID YOU TAKE THE PLASTIC OFF BEFORE PUTTING IT IN THE OVEN? He said no your instructions didn't say that. :)

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry you have all this going on...but believe me I know about life happening...I pray that the meds work for Joe and it's a help for your sister and YOU when she moves in. Please don't worry about your weight, stress is the silent killer...so you do self care on you and your family. When I read your post this scripture came to mind that I have been speaking over me...I will speak it over you and hope you will too...Isaiah 45:18b, He made the world to be lived in, not to be a empty place of chaos. :)

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever did you take a test to see if you had Covid? Hopefully, you will be fine and get set free. :)

@renaegry Get it, girl!! B) After this weekend I will be back at it too. No more beers or junk food in the house until I can get back into my good jeans.

@Tamevv Sorry you are still feeling the effects of Covid. It took me a while to get better and I’ve never fully recovered from losing my taste and smell. They are back but the certain tastes and smells are totally disgusting to me. Very annoying! :s I once exploded a Pyrex dish so I feel your other half’s pain. Hopefully, it won’t keep him from trying to help in the kitchen again. :)

@trooworld Sorry about the headache. Do you know what brings them on? :/

@cbabie I love that verse and that you are speaking it over me is amazing!! Thank you so much, my sweet friend. <3 And congrats on your 2.6 lb. loss this week! I hope your rash heals up quickly.

Hello! I’ve finally had some alone time and thought I would check-in. My sister is setting in and has already been a big help with Joe and the house. We stayed up too late last night drinking and catching up, so I paid the price today with a mild hangover. I had to spend two hours on the phone with the tech guy for the church’s program so he could fix my bank register mistakes and help with new payroll changes. I quit the church cleaning, which is a huge relief for me. I just didn't need that kind of pressure anymore. Joe’s oldest son will be there Thursday morning and stay through Saturday. I’m trying to be excited that he is coming but honestly, I will just be glad when life can return to something that feels normal. I need to get back on my diet and exercise. But right now I need to go to sleep. Talk to you all later! :)
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Hope your headache cleared, it’s always hard to function properly when your head is pounding.

@cbabie Hehe, can’t say I’ve had plastic meatloaf before 😊. Gotta love them tho, right?

@teresaW1020 despite the hangover, I’m glad you got to spend some time just relaxing and catching up - sounds like you might have needed it - a bit of “time out”. I totally hear you in the getting back to normal front. As much as I love people and visits and activities, I’m really at my happiest with routine and knowing what to expect and being able to plan my time. I try to convince myself I’m a cool, spontaneous person sometimes who can handle whatever comes along, but honestly, I really don’t think I am. (Not sure how that turned into being about me…..sorry, just meant to say I hope things settle down for you soon 😔)

Things are looking up for me today - had some errends this morning (I am officially out of isolation) and they felt a bit odd - like I had trouble making decisions or thinking through information - very strange feeling. But physically I think I’m getting better - even decided to do a small set of exercises just to be doing something. Hopefully it is the start of getting back on track.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Been a while. Fell off track but I'm back!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Congrats on the loss! I hope it cools down soon.

@TeresaW1020 Sometimes they come on because of changes in the bariatric pressure, sometimes they just come on. We've been having a heatwave here so I think that is what caused this one. I'm glad your sister being there is helpful. Hopefully you can get some downtime so you can do something for yourself. :)

@Tamevv Thanks, it's better today! I'm glad you are out of isolation now, that must be a relief. I've heard about the same thing going on with foggy thinking with others that have had it.

@roz0810 Hi and welcome back! How have you been?

Hi all. I went to work yesterday but came home after a couple of hours. I came home and took migraine medicine and a long nap and that helped. I felt okay at 5:00 so I did a workout. Tonight, after work, I am meeting a friend at a vet's office, my friend has to put her dog down. :( I want to be there for her.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @renaegry Sounds like a plan. It's so easy to let life get in the way. You got this.

@Tamevv I've shattered a Pyrex dish once upon a time too. How has your eating been during this time. Mine has been better since stuck in my room. lol Although all the chocolate is in here with me but I've been good and haven't indulged once. Yaaay on no isolation. I get out tomorrow. I'll still have to mask up around the family for days 6-10. I'm tired of eating my meals alone. But better than they get sick. We're going on vacation next week. Can't have them sick. I had the brain fog really bad for about 3 hours. Pulse was high and I was just sitting there at my computer saying, now what was I supposed to be doing and I would look at my Trello board and read and it was like nothing was making sense. Glad that's gone.

@trooworld How's the headache? I hope gone now and you are tracking your points and using your Tonal. Go drink some water. Mine has sucked the last 3 days. But back at it.

@cbabie Yaaay on the loss. What's your plan for healthy meals this week? Are you putting calamine lotion on the rash?

@Teresaw1020 So do what you can do. If you can't lose during this time, then maintain. You don't want a big gain to have to lose. Now that your sister is there she can help while you do some exercise. It doesn't have to be 90 min worth every day. It helps with the stress relief. Adds some endorphins to your body. Gives you some alone time. Win Win. No on the test. They can't do anything for me. So I've just been following the rules and self-isolating. Slight symptoms have popped up but doable. Not like the first time I had covid and there were no vaccines.

@roz0810 Up and at 'em. Just go back to the basics and make the next meal a healthy one.

Well still no green dots this week.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever It's better. I came home from work early, took medicine, and a long nap and it was gone. I am doing all you mention. :D Back at it, missy! You've got this.

Hi all. Well yesterday, I didn't end up going with my friend because she already had 2 friends going with her and it would be an hour drive after a long day and she said I didn't have to come. So, I'm taking her out for Thai food for lunch on Saturday instead. I ate well yesterday and drank enough water.

Water yesterday: 65 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have been MIA and sorry, I have been moving rooms around in my house for 2 days. Family life is ever changing in this house..LOL. I have not had time to eat and when it was, it was my go to's..PB and sugar. I HAVE to go get groceries today or we will be eating cereal for dinner.

@roz0810 Welcome back, hope you are doing good!

@TeresaW1020 So glad your sister is helping with the load...Do you want the good news or the bad news? LOL. Good news is you have help, bad news life will not be normal as you remember it..LOL. LIfe changes....and you and I, well we like routines, quiet, time to ourselves...LOL. You will at least hopefully not have company for a while after this. LOL.

@trooworld sorry for your migraines...I know what those are like. Glad you got to come home and take care of it. You are such a good friend..

@theslightedgeforever No, I have not been using anything on it...most of it is almost gone..now only 2 big spots because I scratched too much..LOL. Sorry about the covid...hope you enjoy your vacation!!!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Oh dear, that sounds stressful. I hope you get out to get groceries. Thanks, I'm glad the migraine is better! I didn't end up going with my friend because she had two others going and I thought I could support her better this weekend when she didn't have anyone around. I'm taking her to Thai food on Saturday and a nice walk on Sunday.

Hi all. I worked out yesterday and drank enough water. I'm glad it's Friday, I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend even though it is supposed to be really hot. I made some iced coffee to enjoy. There is going to be a planned electricity outage in my neighborhood from 10:30pm-3:30am which I'm not looking forward to: I sleep with the AC on and I don't know how I'll sleep.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Somewhat have stuck to plan. Eating has all been withing calories keeping at least a 500 cal deficit. Have only worked out 1 day thou. Plan on a run or video workout tomorrow. (Possibly will get some squats in today) Going for an hour well needed massage today so don’t want to do to much after that.