Need a Group Adoption

Options
LeavingBusy
LeavingBusy Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Introduce Yourself
I’m a married (29 years) woman over 50. Full-time sedentary job. Empty nester. Use Apple Watch.
Ex-fitness instructor/personal trainer who has lost all motivation and self control even though I know what needs to be done and how. Even have a home gym. No excuse.
Highest weight ever (even higher than pregnancies).
My one redeeming quality right now is that I’m actively hiking the Bruce Trail any chance I get. 100k a year for 10 years is my goal. It seems to be the one activity that brings me joy but hard on my body when all I do is sit the rest of the time.
Both my husband & I envisioned ourselves aging well and are a bit shocked at our progressive lack of motivation and self control.
Turning to MyFitnessPal to track and want to connect with other pre-seniors who are serious about turning their bad habits around when all you want to do is watch tv and eat ice cream.
Any active groups who think they can help me get my old self back???

Tagged:

Replies

• jawojo2017
    jawojo2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don’t know about groups o this app but I would look into a couple apps that are good for tracking your exercise and do have social elements to them that can help with motivation. Try UA Run or Adidas Run. Both of these so a pretty good job with UA you can post and people are generally supportive, also both do virtual events but Adidas does a good job with incentive. I hope this helps. Stay strong.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    All of your qualities are "redeeming!" You may want to lose weight, and I do, too, but that doesn't diminish your value, your light. You may be different now than you were in the past, and that is ok! Set a new standard for yourself that makes you feel good, and from there, work towards what you want. You can do this! Honor yourself along the way!
  • LeavingBusy
    LeavingBusy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I find reading the boards helpful. You don’t need to join a group to do that (although there are some good groups, you could check out Guys On A Diet or some of the monthly goal threads). There is lots of wisdom on the boards. What you have going for you—you like to hike, you want to lose weight, maybe your husband does too? Don’t expect it to be fast—focus on small changes at a time and developing new habits. For me (age 58), writing down what I am eating has been the most important thing. I am six months in and down 20 pounds. I don’t like feeling deprived so I think slow and steady is best for me. My diary is open to friends, feel free to friend me.