My Activity Level

Options
How to know my activity level on MFP ..
I am a house wife and I do exercises at home like lifting weights 4 days a week for around 90 mins/day and I have 3 days off spending them in walking and doing some cardio

Replies

• ayamourada92
    ayamourada92 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ipp
  • ayamourada92
    Options
    uppp
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Your exercise doesn't count for your activity level, only your regular non-exercise activity. Your exercise should be logged separately, on the days you exercise.

As for the activity level itself, you don't give much info. What does being a housewife mean to you? Lots of kids to take care of? Pets? Lots of chores around the house? And aside from that, any (active) hobbies, for example?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Last time you asked this you were a teacher - so has your daily activity changed up or down or stayed roughly the same?

Exercise is still separate to activity level.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it seems you've been struggling to understand weight loss and how this site works for over a year/

Here's the official explanation of How they calculate and how to set it up:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625391-How-does-MyFitnessPal-calculate-my-initial-goals-

Pick an Activity Level (I'd suggest one in the middle of the list) log food and exercise and keep good records for six weeks. At the end of that time you'll know if you're close by how much your weight has changed.

Adjust then if needed. That's what we all have to do to figure out our calories. No online calculator is going to be exactly correct. It's all about your records and your consistency over time.
  • ayamourada92
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Last time you asked this you were a teacher - so has your daily activity changed up or down or stayed roughly the same?

Yes .. I am not working now that's why I am asking
  • ayamourada92
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Your exercise doesn't count for your activity level, only your regular non-exercise activity. Your exercise should be logged separately, on the days you exercise.

As for the activity level itself, you don't give much info. What does being a housewife mean to you? Lots of kids to take care of? Pets? Lots of chores around the house? And aside from that, any (active) hobbies, for example?

Just housework! cooking and cleaning..
    I go for a walk 3 or 4 days a week in addition to doing exercises at home by lifting weight and adding some cardio to it
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Yes .. I am not working now that's why I am asking

That's why you need to consider the second part of my sentence "has your daily activity changed up or down or stayed roughly the same?".
    Only you know how active you were as teacher (it's very varied) or how active you now are as a housewife (it's very varied).
    e.g. When I had a desk job I was easily Lightly Active due to the movement I built into my day but others doing the same job could well have been Sedentary. When I retired my activity went up but that's far from universal.

Also think what the setting is for - to estimate your calorie needs from your daily movement to help manage your weight. Again you need to think if there was an impact on your weight trend or not. If there was you know which way to go, if there wasn't an impact you don't have to change anything.

This part of your post "I do exercises at home like lifting weights 4 days a week for around 90 mins/day and I have 3 days off spending them in walking and doing some cardio" has nothing to do with the activity setting.
    If you aren't using MyFitnessPal as designed (estimating exercise after the event) you need to tell people that.

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I think the confusion here is that you are asking what your activity level should be but then including details about your intentional exercise.

In MFP, your regular lifestyle (job activity level, home activity level WITHOUT EXERCISE) is what they are asking for. Any intentional workout should be logged as cardio or strength in MFP and the cardio will be added back to your daily calorie goal.

So, without your weight lifting/walking/cardio....what is your activity level?