30 Day Shred HELL

Options

Replies

• Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I had to skip day 3 because I physically couldn't do it!

It does get better - I promise. I completed my 7th day of level 1 yesterday and I'm pretty much back to normal. I can still feel it, but I'm no longer in total agony!
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Now is your chance to show MFP your appreciation, please vote to make this site number 1.
    from Lifehacker.com "Now that you've seen the top five, it's time to vote for an all-out favorite."

http://lifehacker.com/5841439/five-best-fitness-tracking-web-sites-and-services

scroll to bottom of their page to vote.

Quite pleased with self day one 30DS done, only mild warmth in muscles hope i did it right.!!!
    Just from reading this tread i must have to put a little more effort in, that said my thighs were burning and weak while doing the DVD, so i knew i was waking up things that were dormant for some time.
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    my problem isnt leg pain when I do this video.....Its ab pain! ouch!
  • susy99
    susy99 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    OMG Im starting it today, so good luck to me! haha!
    Im sure it will get better! Good luck!
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel, if anyone went near my thighs i thought i would cry, and i couldnt sit on the toilet seat, i had to just fall onto it, (and broke the seat too lol) but i love the feeeling at the same time as i know something is happening ya know, im sure you will get through it, i am about to start my first day of 30 day shred, so i will be in company with you tomorrow lol
  • gailduncan
    gailduncan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start 30DS today. Got 4 more C25K to do so hoping I wont be too sore to do that or cycle to work.

Seen some great results on here so looking forward to getting started.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    If it is that bad I would suggest resting today and doing it again tomorrow. There is no benefit in pushing yourself too far too fast. You'll risk injury.
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Okay, I really don't know what the 30 day shred is. Could someone enlighten me? I assume it's a workout DVD. Thanks.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it my quads also burned like hell. I can feel your pain when you say even sitting on the loo was hard - I felt all of that!

Personally, I worked through it, the pain was more obvious when I was stationary, so I kept moving all day (albeit in a slightly pathetic manner!). by day 5 it had worn off! But you should defo judge what's right for you. Good luck with the rest of it!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it my quads also burned like hell. I can feel your pain when you say even sitting on the loo was hard - I felt all of that!

Personally, I worked through it, the pain was more obvious when I was stationary, so I kept moving all day (albeit in a slightly pathetic manner!). by day 5 it had worn off! But you should defo judge what's right for you. Good luck with the rest of it!
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing Level 1 Day 6 today. After Day 1 I was sore! I thought I must have been doing it wrong, like other people have said it was sitting down on the toilet that caused most pain haha. For Day 2 and 3, I really felt I couldn't do it properly cos of the pain. I did it, but was having to take rest breaks every three or four mins! I even searched on here to check it was supposed to be 30 consecutive days because that goes against everything I've learned about giving your muscles time to repair.

I took a rest day between day 4 and 5 and wondered if Day 5 would hurt more because of it, but it didn't. So fight through the first couple of days, do a longer cool down and keep active when you finished eg have a shower and do a bit of housework or go for a walk or something. Don't just stop and flop in front of the TV crying, however tempting that may be as your muscles will just seize up! Take a rest day if you think it would help. good luck - I am already noticing a difference in my shape after 5 days, although the lack of weight loss is a bit demotivating....but I read that's normal.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Keep doing it! It gets better.

Walk it out if you have time.

Oh yeah, and avoid stairs. :D

good advice!!!!! right on
  • statia152
    Options
    It is tough on the body, but when a program promises big results its not going to be a cake walk. I recommend not taking a day off. Do what you can on days 2 & 3 but more stretching than she does at the end is better for you. Also you must drink a high protein shake after the workout!! It will cut your soreness in half. Part of the thing with Jillian is because you do it daily, it becomes a "habit" to do daily exercise. And we all want to develop healthy habits. In two weeks you will start to notice inches melting from your waist / thighs and muscles appearing in your arms. Then you will have the motivation to continue. I am 7 days into my second time ... I love the results! Happy Shredding!

For those who want to do the 30 Day Shred but don't have the DVD, you can download it free. Just wait 45 seconds and click on regular download. Then bookmark the page with the video for future use.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey
    i was like you for the first few days, it hurt to even sit on the toilet but i carried on with it each day and by around day 5 i was fine :)

just keep pushing on through, i have now completed the 30 ds and am doing it again
    xxx
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have just done day 1 of 30 day shred and I know I am going to feel it tomorrow! My legs feel like heavy logs of jelly lol and my arms are still burning, man , I didn't know how unfit I was!
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    By the 5th day it was so much easier. I'm on day 10 of level one and its a breeze. You will get through it.
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    OMG I started the 30 DS yesterday and I feel like my legs are Jello and I look funny walking because my legs are so darn sore. I am trying to get the courage to do Day 2. How long does this pain last?? Any suggestions on how to work through it?? HELP, any advice from those who have done this before. I know it gets easier, I just need to know when and I want to walk normal again!!!

I was the same my legs killed for 4days then after that it didnt bother me, they killed couldnt walk down the stairs or anythink. Dont do what i did and stopped on day 7. keep it up loads of people have commented on how well the results are x
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Stretch LOADS before you start the work out and after, there's not enough stretching in the dvd, I guess to keep the time of it down. But lots of stretching will definatly help and will stop the aching and your muscles will feel used/tired instead.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I finished day 6 last night. If you would like to know about my experience, I am blogging it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/beach_bum_gurl
  • mamabearr
    Options
    This will be my post tomorrow. I plan on starting 30DS back up again today.