Bariatric Support.

Options
Hello. I'm Amber and recently had Bariatric surgery. I am looking other people who had WLS because it's a different challenge than regular weight loss.

Replies

• Chillycatmansmum
    Chillycatmansmum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber, I am Kathy I have just had the Gastric Sleeve Op in April - its definitely a different challenge and is still taking me a while to understand the food side of things
  • lcbeard412
    lcbeard412 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am doing the required 3 month supervised diet and exercise right now and plan to get VSG in the fall.
  • SuzieQ789
    SuzieQ789 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, Amber! I am nearly 9 years post-RNY gastric bypass. I have definitely had my ups and downs. I lost 145 pounds, but gained 40 back over the years. Currently back to the pre-surgery diet of protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and a small dinner. I dropped 5 pounds in the first week. Just started the second week.
    I have to admit that there were times when I struggled with food choices - and paid the price! It’s not pretty! And I still battle with stress-eating. But I am at the point (finally!) where I don’t like how I feel when I’m not being food-conscious.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. I will be glad to offer, and receive, support!

Sue 💕
  • Dainty_Dreamer
    Dainty_Dreamer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber I sent you a friend's request.I'm on the waiting list to have the surgery hopefully in the next month or so and would love some new friends on the same journey
  • katienesbitt85
    katienesbitt85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Katie! I had gastric bypass 9/30/21 and have lost 170lbs. I would love some bari friends on MFP.
  • TinaShrinks
    TinaShrinks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had sleeve surgery in 2015 and am having a revision to bypass in about a month. I'll support you any way I can. Feel free to add me. I'm looking for WLS friends, so whoever can add!
  • fitwithfaith256
    fitwithfaith256 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    RNY gastric bypass here on April 19, 2019
  • BrandyM83
    BrandyM83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sleeved Nov 2019, emergency repair Feb 2020, so almost 2 years out. Only lost 50 pounds since surgery 2 years ago. Have weighed the exact same for a year despite "dieting and tracking" daily.
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve April 2021. Had a cardiac arrest in June 2021. I have lost 102 pounds. Not that I have my heart happy again I am finally able to exercise again. I eat 60g of protein a day, no more than 20g of carbs, and stay under 1200 calories a day. Would love some supportive friends.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’m 3 years after RNY. Using mfp to keep track of my protein mostly but also to help be mindful of everything I’m eating. Would also love some more bariatric minded mfp friends
  • kimmehhhh
    kimmehhhh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just got vsg last week and looking for my tribe. 🎉
  • ashhhhtastic
    ashhhhtastic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ll be having VSG in the early fall! I’d love to see your progress and listen to any and all advice you want to share! Ps. Congratulations! 🤍
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I am over 7 years post sleeve (feb 2015). Originally lost 145 lbs and gained back 60. I am down 30 of those 60 lbs now. 30 more to my goal weight.
    Take advantage of the honeymoon phase. The first year or so is when I lost all the weight.
    Being 7 years out, I can eat like before surgery so watching my intake is a must to continue losing.
    anyone can FR me!