Android app keeps crashing

Options
Jeffrey_S
Jeffrey_S Posts: 50 Member
Based on the number of reviews on Google Play, I am far from alone in this. Trying to open the app brings up the loading screen for several seconds, then the app crashes. I got it to run by uninstalling and reinstalling, but this is only temporary and not an acceptable workaround.

Best Answer

Answers

• nigelreynolds6892
    nigelreynolds6892 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have installed the app and it has run great for months. Then today when I select the app I get a blue flash as though it is going to load and then nothing. When I select for open apps it appears as being open but again when I select it the same happens again. I have uninstalled it and rebooted my Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra running Android then reinstalled it and when I login it works the first time but then when I try to reopen it I get the same issue of the blue flash and nothing more. What is going wrong. My Wife's phone and app are fine but mine is having issues - please help.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,389 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I have the same issue. The app updated this afternoon, I'm guessing it's linked to that.
  • dpine2011
    dpine2011 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Same issue here--android phone; uninstalled/reinstalled; cleared the cache and actually all data, changed wifi servers--it works once then Blue Flash of Doom.
  • marycappy18
    marycappy18 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I have the same issue. I hope that I get that update soon!
  • stacydc83
    stacydc83 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I am having the same issue on my Samsung Z flip. And last time I did open it, it was adding way too many calories back. It counted my steps from my walk, added calories from there, and then used "generic exercise" to track my walk and gave me back calories from there.
  • Emokebay
    Emokebay Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S21. It won't open at all (other than the blue flash). So I'm now using the desktop version and it doesn't calculate or let you track net carbs - which is something I track. So frustrating.
  • CurtisHouse160
    CurtisHouse160 Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yep. We're all in the same boat. Best thing to do that I've seen is uninstall and then re-install. Don't close the app though or else you'll get the same problem. At least they know about the issue.
  • cyndistjohn
    cyndistjohn Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I have rebooted, deleted and reinstalled 3x still nothing. I have an LG android. I guess we just wait it out. The online program is fine, just a pain to record on my phone that way.
  • 333loves
    333loves Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. Issues here too and tried all methods above as well.
  • CurtisHouse160
    CurtisHouse160 Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It's working fine for me now. Hopefully everybody else's is as well.
  • jeanne460
    jeanne460 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Mine isn't back yet. I'm hoping it's fixed in the morning.
  • emanueleparis64
    emanueleparis64 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Same issue has been happening to me since yesterday.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling does not improve the situation.
    I have a XIAOMI READMI NOTE 8
  • martinstocker7494
    martinstocker7494 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Same for me. Mate 20 newest updates. Reinstall doesn't fix it. Only runs once.
  • Lietchi
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Fingers crossed it stays that way, but this worked for me:
    - reinstall
    - leave the app running in the background (don't close and reopen)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Same issue here... after the update. Samsung Galaxy S22
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Same issue here although mine hadn't been updated. I cleared data, no joy. Uninstalled/reinstalled still no joy.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    If you keep the app running in the background (don't close it and reopen) it should be okay.

It's a known issue mentioned on the troubleshooting pages:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032274332-Known-Issues-Android-App

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  • KayeGeaux
    KayeGeaux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jeffrey_S wrote: »
    Based on the number of reviews on Google Play, I am far from alone in this. Trying to open the app brings up the loading screen for several seconds, then the app crashes. I got it to run by uninstalling and reinstalling, but this is only temporary and not an acceptable workaround.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still isn't working. I have the app on two devices and it won't open on either one. 😕
  • KayeGeaux
    KayeGeaux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Well, they seem to be aware of it:
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032274332-Known-Issues-Android-App
    "Bug: App no longer opens, after being force quit.
    - If you reinstall, it will allow you to log back in and will stay open if you don't force quit again, leaving it open in the background."

Not sure what they're talking about though, when they talk about reinstalling, it still doesn't work for me.

That didn't work for me either.
This discussion has been closed.