I'm a vegetarian, and I do eat a lot of carbs, but only whole grain ones. There is a difference between the nutritional quality of white rice, white bread etc and whole grain (brown) rice, whole wheat bread, for example.
Switching over to more whole grains would probably be a great way to start. You could also still include carbs when you really want them, then cut them out at times when they don't matter as much to you.
I eat two meals that include whole wheat and rolled oats a day. For lunch, though, I skip the grains and eat a clear soup with lots of vegetables and some form of protein in it (so in my case, leafy greens and tofu or beans) or a chopped salad (I like chopped kale with temeph, sweet potato, and a tangy dressing made with lots of pureed, fresh basil, lemon juice, walnuts, etc. Those lunches fill me up so much I don't miss the grains at all. These are just examples. I don't think eating plenty of carbs is a bad thing, but I need to make room in my diet for more vegetables and legumes.
I hope you can get some good ideas from others here.
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.3K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 318 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.2K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 577 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.6K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions