Help!!

Options
Hi,
I need some help, i had my second baby 4months ago and im struggling to lose weight. I have always been bigger and i managed to not put on any weight throughout both of my pregnancies. I start out eating and exercising really well but within a day or two i find myself wanting something sweet, i always manage to stuff it up, i dont know what to do anymore. Im so unhappy and hate myself, ive got not clothes that fit me and we cant afford to get new ones.

I do really well with exercise and main meals but fall down on sweets. We have stopped having alot of carbs and only really have them at breakfast (weetbix or oats) and occasionally on the weekend, but i crave sweet stuff all the time. My husband is just as bad as me and we sabotage eachother all the time. I currently weigh 110kgs and have been this weight for a while now.

Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Who does the shopping? It's (for me at least) the only time I have to be strong, I've even been known to stop before the checkouts and have a 'rationalise' before I get there. If it's your husband that shops, maybe you should take it over for a while...
  • Shemac04
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like.....I find if I need a sweet, I got for the Fiber One 90 calorie brownies or bars. It does help.....also I have been having the Breakstone Cottage Cheese singles that are 100 calories and have fruit.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    If you have to have something sweet, then you have to have something sweet. It doesn't mean, though, that a box of cookies or a carton of ice cream are good choices. The 90 calorie Fiber One brownies are awesome. Bananas and other fruits are great. I find that dried cranberries are great when I need something sweet.

Sweet is okay. Just make good choices. Good luck!
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want too. I have decided that I am absolutely addicted to sugar. My sister had gastric bypass surgery and through her journey we have both learned that you can be in better control if you eliminate refined sugar from your diet all together. I still get my sweet treats but I do it with Splenda sweetened things instead. I know that some people don't like using artificial sweetners but it has been a life saver for me. I have been consistently loosing for over a year now and I believe that has been the difference (plus mfp). It seems to take about 3 or 4 days to detox your body. You will crave sugar badly in those 1st 3 days. Don't give in. By day 4 you are not as hungry and aren't craving sugar as bad. Within a week or so you are better. For no sugar sweet treats I eat lots of fresh fruit, sugar free ice pops, and sugar free pudding cup with 2T whipped cream. My siste makes the best sugar free oatmeal cookies so those are another once in a while treat. Oh and there is some great sugar free icecreams out there-Bryers carb smart is my favorite. There are lots of good options out there and you can make almost anything else you want. Be sure you are drinking lots of water and eating lots of good filling foods so that hunger is not playing into the cravings either. Good luck-You can do it. Just like anything else you are trying to change- try to focus one day at a time and before long that one day has gone to a week and then to a month and before you know it its been a year...
  • josey86
    Options
    Thanks guys, i do the shopping and the trolley is pretty good, its the stuff we crave and go out and get on weekends to 'treat' ourselves. And when we do have something we have one after another and before we know it, its turned into a block or a whole
    Packet, how do i get my head in the right space to control this? Does anyone have any tips?
  • cheryltgardner
    cheryltgardner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Josey 86,
    What about fruit, there are lots of sweet juicy fruits out there. I personally love fresh pineapple if it's available. Also if you are into frozen sweets, there are lots of sugar free treats available. I'm in the midwest and Blue Bunny (brand) has a line of frozen treats call sweet freedom also skinny cow has some ice cream bars and sandwiches. Look around the freezer section. some products are kind of pricey but, they are good for helping with the sweet cravings. It's always hard just look for alternatives. Stick with it, you can do it.