**Lean Cuisine**

Options
2»

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Only thing- most of those microwave meals have a TON of sodium. A coworker was eating one of those lean/smart meals and lean pockets ever day for lunch and at a regular checkup had really high BP and was 'pre-diabetic'. Her doctor told her they are the worst things and had her stop eating them. Luckily with stopping those and continuing to watch what she ate she overcame those risks!
    Most of them are in the 400-600 mg range, which really isn't too bad depending on the rest of your diet. I can easily eat one for lunch and still come in under 1500 mg for the entire day. However, if you're eating high sodium foods the rest of the day, it could definitely be a problem.

My favorite is the steak tips portabello (steak tips with mushrooms and a side of broccoli). At only 150 calories, 430 mg sodium, 4 g fat and 15 g protein, I think it's the best choice nutritionally as well as being very tasty. I haven't eaten one in awhile since I've watching my carbs (this one is still a good choice at only 11 grams net carbs) but I usually paired it with a salad or some baby carrots to add some good calories since it's not necessarily enough food for most people.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the chicken parm too! :D And I also love the cheesy broccoli and potatoes, apple cranberry chicken, roasted honey chicken < has sugar snap peas in it :D yum yum both of those can tend to be on the sweeter side tho, loved the chicken with almonds, the cheese ravioli was good..

I've had the Broccoli Cheddar Dip with Pita Bread wasn't a big fan of it but it was okay.

My mom is a huge fan of the glazed turkey tenderloins, she says the stuffing is really good in those.

Also one meal I REALLY love if your store carries it you should try, it's sesame chicken by Michelina's. It's carried at my walmart as well as my local grocery store. At walmart they are only ONE DOLLAR. Compared to some lean cuisine's can run up $3-4 apiece.. And it is just as delicious to me. And only 260 cals a box? Sometimes I add some extra green beans to bulk it up but it's a steal at only a dollar lol http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/michelinas/lean-gourmet-sesame-chicken Just make sure it's the lean version, apparently there is a non lean version too :D

Nice! Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. :happy:
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    I eat them for lunch as well because they are low calorie and easy to pop in the microwave. Plus, they're really not that expensive when you compare the $2 to however much you were spending eating out prior. I work at a mall so it reduces all temptation of the food court is about 1/3 the price! They aren't the best of course but they're a lot better than what I was eating and I'm currently too lazy to make something more than a pb&j for lunch and I'm burned out on those anyway, haha.

OMG i would have the hardest time working at the mall with the food court! Great job on your dedication! and i eat them for all the same reasons!

Yeah, luckily it's a really lame food court but Panda Express is there and I did get sucked into eating there a few times. What's worse is that I have a popcorn machine less than five feet away from me (I just burned myself on the kettle ERGH) so that's worse temptation! But I'm doing great saying, "NO!!!" :)
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I eat them for lunch as well because they are low calorie and easy to pop in the microwave. Plus, they're really not that expensive when you compare the $2 to however much you were spending eating out prior. I work at a mall so it reduces all temptation of the food court is about 1/3 the price! They aren't the best of course but they're a lot better than what I was eating and I'm currently too lazy to make something more than a pb&j for lunch and I'm burned out on those anyway, haha.

OMG i would have the hardest time working at the mall with the food court! Great job on your dedication! and i eat them for all the same reasons!

Yeah, luckily it's a really lame food court but Panda Express is there and I did get sucked into eating there a few times. What's worse is that I have a popcorn machine less than five feet away from me (I just burned myself on the kettle ERGH) so that's worse temptation! But I'm doing great saying, "NO!!!" :)

mmm panda express. I pretty sure i'd be tempted no matter how lame the food court is. I'll eat anything haha. Oh yea i bet the smell of popcorn really triggers the urges! Good job on saying no!! Keep it up! :)
  • starrnj
    starrnj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    they have a tortilla crusted fish fillet that I really like :)
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I like the pizzas and they help me to be full and eat a single portion instead of eyeballing a whole box while trying to convince myself to stop at 2.
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    I had a lean cuisine pizza for lunch today :)

Any of the pizzas are my favorite! I always have a fresh side salad with them.
  • limestang
    Options
    I have lost 74 pounds eating those. My favorite right now is the spagetti and meat balls. I love the sandwiches also. Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • YvieB823
    YvieB823 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Lean Cuisine Sesame Chicken! I feel like I am cheating on my diet and having Chinese food. Its great!
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just had the Orange Chicken for the first time... yum! I could eat Lean Cuisines for lunch and dinner daily! It makes it so easy as a single person, automatic portion control! My other favorites are Butternut Squash Ravioli and Chicken in Peanut Sauce.

Now with the "Delicious Rewards" thing its great! Almost to a free magazine subscription!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I just had the Orange Chicken for the first time... yum! I could eat Lean Cuisines for lunch and dinner daily! It makes it so easy as a single person, automatic portion control! My other favorites are Butternut Squash Ravioli and Chicken in Peanut Sauce.

Now with the "Delicious Rewards" thing its great! Almost to a free magazine subscription!!
    I received my free lunch bag a few weeks ago and I love it!