Protein packed dessert!

Options
amandah3493
amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
Help! I love chocolate and need dessert ideas packed with protein. I’m down 100lbs. I need new ideas. Any and all dessert ideas and or recipes please! ☺️ Thanks guys!!

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    you can add protein powder to just about any traditional dessert to add more protein to it. I add Genepro Next Generation Protein Powder (GNC) flavorless to cookies, breads, brownies, pastries, etc. Doesn't melt enough for puddings but have used it in cooked thickened sauces.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Greek yogurt with chocolate sugar free pudding mix whipped in. You can also sprinkle with 6gr hagel slag (Google it) for 26 calories. Believe it or not, a little hagel goes a looooong way towards chocolate cravings.

I make chocolate ice cream for a little over 100 calories per half pint: (this makes six servings)

3 servings skyr or Greek yogurt
    Ounce of any flavor Jordans chocolate Skinny Syrup
    Few drops chocolate extract
    60gr dry chocolate sugar free pudding mix

Top off with ice water to 7 cups and mix very well. I use a Ninja Creami ice cream maker but the mix should work well with a Donvier or similar. With the Creami, it has the texture of soft serve ice cream.

To bump up the protein you could use liquid whey or milk in lieu of the ice water. You could probably add a powdered whey but I can’t love those.

I also make cake batter pancakes with loads of eggs, whites, cottage cheese, naked whey powder, and liquid whey. They are awesome hit with cream cheese and a zero cal chocolate or caramel syrup and rolled up like Little Debbie’s.

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    I make creme caramel and creme brulee with whole milk and eggs. For creme brulee you will need a blow torch but creme caramel doesn't requiire special equipment and even can be cooked in the microwave. You will need to use sugar for the caramel topping of either dessert, but you can replace sugar in the body of the pudding with Splenda or some other substitute than withstand cooking. Google for recipes. I use the Joy of Cooking proportion of 700ml milk to 5 whole eggs and sweeten to taste for the body of the pudding.

I make pavlova's too. You can use either egg white or aquafaba for the meringue base, and you can replace up to a third of the sugar by volume with Splenda without affecting the texture. I cut calories and increase protein by filling with yoghurt instead of whipped cream before topping with fruit. I find the tartness of yoghurt a nice foil for the sweetness of the meringue. Again google for recipes.

i make a reduced calorie cheesecake. My crust is 100g graham crackers (digestive biscuits in the UK) mixed with 40g of melted butter. I lighten it by using a thin crust on the bottom of the spring form only (not up the sides). My filling is two 165g packs of Philadelphia light cream cheese, 300g of no fat yoghurt and a 397g tin of condensed milk with two eggs. Whisk until smooth and then bake 20-25 minutes at 160C. My version is adapted from this recipe, which I do in the air fryer. https://airfryingfoodie.com/air-fryer-cheesecake-recipe/
  • lajg101
    lajg101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Acpgee, your cheesecake sounds wonderful! Does anyone have any lactose intolerant dessert ideals that can be used while trying to lose weight?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    @lajg101 you can replace dairy milk with coconut milk, soy milk or nut milk for things like creme caramel and creme brulee. You need to check with the lactose intolerant person you are cooking for as they can often eat yoghurt and many cheeses because the bacteria that has created the cheese or yoghurt has already digested the lactose. Replace condensed milk in the cheese cake recipe with sweetened coconut milk.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Kefir and skyr (“Icelandic yogurt”) are very low in lactose and may work.

Kefir is fermented and I had a difficult time keeping up with production, with just two of us in the house. It was fabulous for baking- made everything rise light as a feather.

But was throwing so much out the guilt was too much.

Now I make homemade skyr. A gallon of skim milk a week makes exactly enough.

I use it mostly in homemade ice creams, and use the whey byproduct making pancakes, baking bread, other baked goods. I’m able to use every last drop.

High in protein, same calories as Greek yogurt.

Skyr is made the same way as Greek yogurt, with the addition of a few drops of rennet, which technically makes it a cheese

If you go the homemade yogurt or skyr route (skyr is crazy expensive in the store but super easy to make), suggest you invest in a Eurocuisine strainer. It will make your life a thousand times easier. Drain the whey into the base and store it in a mason jar in the fridge til needed. Dump the yogurt or skyr onto the lid with a sharp whack and then save it in the strainer base. Easy peasy.

Lovely thing is, if you forget and strain it too much, just pour some whey back in and hit it with a stick blender.
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Elyse Ellis's macro friendly food app. she adds protein powder to all of her desserts. I made protein blueberry muffins the other day that tasted like yellow cake. So good. I havent made a bad meal by her yet.

• naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mousse made with tofu probably fits the bill nicely here. Could be daiy free too. I know lots of people enjoy it, although the only time I tried to make it mine went grainy, I think I used the wrong tofu!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’m not a big dessert eater, but
    Diet soda, vanilla protein powder, ice, blender, makes a darn good coke or root beer float sub quick and easy.
    Few calories. Mostly protein.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Chocolate mousse made with tofu probably fits the bill nicely here. Could be daiy free too. I know lots of people enjoy it, although the only time I tried to make it mine went grainy, I think I used the wrong tofu!

I was just gioing to say the same about tofu.
    yx2l6m2zlx41.jpg
    3lwxh0btn3b0.jpg
    These are two variations. One is vanilla based, two chocolate . My favorites,!
    tofu, cinnamon, cacao powder chocolate plant protein or sunflower vanilla plant protein, monk fruit and macadamia nuts 2a7iahjaxwoh.jpg

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe years ago on MFP. I can't remember the person's name so I can't credit him, but I remember that in his profile picture he was wearing a bike helmet. I've made this recipe using chocolate protein powder and froze it in serving size pieces to eat for breakfast with berries.
    koycrv9lgtat.png
  • TerryTownson
    TerryTownson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try a silken tofu desert. Trust me. Literally blend silken tofu, chocolate of choice and some maple syrup in a blender. Pop in the fridge and you’ve got yourself a portion packed chocolate mousse

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe years ago on MFP. I can't remember the person's name so I can't credit him, but I remember that in his profile picture he was wearing a bike helmet. I've made this recipe using chocolate protein powder and froze it in serving size pieces to eat for breakfast with berries.

Crazyravr?
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Crazyravr?

YES!!!!! 🙂
  • wraithfulredtara
    wraithfulredtara Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not going to lie Kodiak Chocolate muffin cups taste like cake
  • wraithfulredtara
    wraithfulredtara Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    th2fgyp6wsde.png
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Crazyravr?

YES!!!!! 🙂

Someone called? lol
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking a fairlife chocolate protein shake after dinner lately - very chocolaty, smooth, low-carb and 30g of protein per serving. Satisfies my chocolate craving and gives me a good protein boost at the same time (for only 150 calories a serving).
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Try a silken tofu desert. Trust me. Literally blend silken tofu, chocolate of choice and some maple syrup in a blender. Pop in the fridge and you’ve got yourself a portion packed chocolate mousse

I have been doing tofu for YEARS like this except the blender!! I am having some now with cinnamon, vanilla protein powder, Swerve sweetener and vanilla stevia <3
  • Lorann20
    Lorann20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites -- Scoop some fresh strawberries into Chocolate Brownie Hummus. I eyeball the amounts but there are recipes online. In a food processor mix drained chick peas, peanut butter (or almond butter), cacao powder, coconut palm sugar or other sweetener, vanilla extract, pinch of salt. Thin with coconut milk (or milk of choice) if needed. Chill the chocolate hummus at least one hour. Can also dip pretzels, other fruit, etc, but strawberries are my favorite with this.