Munchies!

I've had such a case of the munchies over the past few days. Usually if I eat a healthy snack every few hours I can avoid them but it doesn't seem to be working lately! Can someone check out my diary and tell me what I could be doing wrong?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    More fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats. And also if you see an entry that has all zero's and only calories, find another entry. Just because it say's zero doesn't mean you didn't eat it.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    The one thing that strikes me from your diary is the lack of additional exercise calories. If I didn't have these I'd be hungry all the time. Maybe you need to move more.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Also keep in mind if you try and go with too big a calorie deficit, that will increase your munchies. I know that's my #1 trigger and tells me I should have ate more that day.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 203 Member
    This happens to me once a month. I can't seem to get enough food in and I am snacking like crazy....can you guess what TOM that is?

I'm coming to terms with it. I always get back on track the following week. Next month I'm going to try to significanlty increase my water intake during that week.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    what exactly have you been craving??? i'd say eat what you're craving!! but only the portion sized backed by something that will fil you8 up more. something with protein. say your craving...cheetos. get some of the baked cheetoes then follow it with a peice of bread with peanut butter or a banana or something of the sort. it sounds like your body isnt being satisfied with the snacks because your mind is craving something else. so just give in....get a little bit of what you REALLY want..and eat it with something healthier so you dont gorge on the bad stuff
  • You can always have a non-healthy snack too. If you deny yourself those little unhealthy things all the time then you will crave them even more. Just don't go overboard.
  • The one thing that strikes me from your diary is the lack of additional exercise calories. If I didn't have these I'd be hungry all the time. Maybe you need to move more.

Sorry, just a bit more information as far as exercise goes. I'm recovering from an injury (broken bone in my foot & will be having the bone removed in a few weeks) and haven't found any exercise that causes a significant enough calorie deficit worth logging that I can do. I'm used to running 25-30 miles per week +weights so chair exercises don't cut it for me. I'm trying to watch my calories so I don't gain a ton of weight as a result of this injury. Usually I run to eat.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    more protein, and complex carbs. the carbs will give you energy and the protein will keep you feeling full longer. eating 5-6 small meals a day really helps too. good luck!
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 195 Member
    I am a HUGE Snacker!! I just posted a topic titled Great Snacks for Snacky Days.. Check it out.. It has some great alrernatives for us mad snackers- especially if its that TOM! ;)
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    The one thing that strikes me from your diary is the lack of additional exercise calories. If I didn't have these I'd be hungry all the time. Maybe you need to move more.

Sorry, just a bit more information as far as exercise goes. I'm recovering from an injury (broken bone in my foot & will be having the bone removed in a few weeks) and haven't found any exercise that causes a significant enough calorie deficit worth logging that I can do. I'm used to running 25-30 miles per week +weights so chair exercises don't cut it for me. I'm trying to watch my calories so I don't gain a ton of weight as a result of this injury. Usually I run to eat.
    Okay, going from that amount of exercise to zero must be tough. I'm sorry i don't have any helpful advise for you except to try and include slow release carbs, wholmeal bread, wholegrain rice and pasta, and lean protein in your diet. At least they'll keep you full longer.

Hope the surgery goes well.

Slán
    Phil