What? Are you kidding me?

Options
So yesterday, even though I know taco bell is not so great, I was hungry and I decided to go get a burrito. I thought I would get a cheesy potato burrito. I knew it would be a bit high in calories but not 540 calories!! How can you put that many calories in a burrito? Anyway, I have decided that I am sticking to home made burritos and tacos from now on....lol...

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    So yesterday, even though I know taco bell is not so great, I was hungry and I decided to go get a burrito. I thought I would get a cheesy potato burrito. I knew it would be a bit high in calories but not 540 calories!! How can you put that many calories in a burrito? Anyway, I have decided that I am sticking to home made burritos and tacos from now on....lol...

why someone on a weight loss and exercise life changing mode would decide to go to taco bell is beyond me. i'm sorry, but you need to have discipline to avoid such temptations, and chose healthy. you were kidding yourself, or just blatenly avoiding the fact that a burrito could be bad for you. go to a deli and ask for a 2 oz of low salt ham, an ounce of low salt swiss, some mustard, lettuce, tomato, on a roll, and bought an apple and a bottle of water. it would've been just as many calories, healthy, and more filling.

i bet you were hungry an hour later too.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    that is a little crazy. potatoes are really high calorie though. but those burritos are soooo good. they're probably worth the calories they have even if it's not worth eating that much in one go.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Actually, Taco Bell Fresco menu isn't half bad. You can get crunchy chicken tacos and a fresco chicken burrito for about 500 calories, give or take. It's my go-to when we're on the road. And, well, it's yummy. :)
  • cassiopeia1975
    Options
    i know ive been amazed the ammount of cals in some things!

My partner came home with some Kir Royale Snow Globe puddings they werent even the size of my fist -- the bottom was about half inch high of panacotta and the top was jelly.... i thought great a pudding i can eat its not like to be too many cals -- its only jelly.... 925 cals for each pudding!!
    Needless to say i wasnt about to use almost my whole days cals on one -- as good as they looked!

So i just had one spoonful --- was probly still 100 cals but better than a whole one
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is the worst too! I thought if I had to get fast food it would be better than a hamburger joint but NOPE better off getting a Whopper=) Homemade Mexican food is way better anyway=)
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Taco bell in a pinch, get the chicken fresco soft tacos. 150cal a pop and I think 7g fat? Still high in salt. But def a better choice.
  • jlowensby
    Options
    Actually, Taco Bell Fresco menu isn't half bad. You can get crunchy chicken tacos and a fresco chicken burrito for about 500 calories, give or take. It's my go-to when we're on the road. And, well, it's yummy. :)

When we go to Taco Bell, I now order off the fresco menu as well! Lot better choices!! :)
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

Yep, when I go to Taco Bell I get three crispy beef tacos fresco style for 450 calories total.
  • SueGremlin
    Options

why someone on a weight loss and exercise life changing mode would decide to go to taco bell is beyond me. i'm sorry, but you need to have discipline to avoid such temptations, and chose healthy. you were kidding yourself, or just blatenly avoiding the fact that a burrito could be bad for you. go to a deli and ask for a 2 oz of low salt ham, an ounce of low salt swiss, some mustard, lettuce, tomato, on a roll, and bought an apple and a bottle of water. it would've been just as many calories, healthy, and more filling.

Hey, what works for me is not eliminating anything from my diet, otherwise I wouldn't stick to it. Everyone has their thing. I strongly disagree that she's "kidding herself". Losing weight does not have to mean deprivation, that is the beauty of MFP.

Also, it's kind of an individual choice, so berating people for what they are eating isn't going to do anyone any good and will, frankly, make you look a bit like a jerk.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Engineman,

Yes, I completely agree with you!! I am really good actually and I am thinking about doing maintenance mode now and I have changed my lifestyle a lot. I am not going to make excuses, I really knew it was bad but not 540 calories bad...lol...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That actually is much lower than I would have thought.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options

I go to Taco Bell at least once a week. You can have it in your lifestyle if you account for it.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Rather take nandos instead...
    nandos.jpg
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Calories were not that bad but what was the Carb and Fat count in that!
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    the tortilla alone is 300cal
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    sorry, double post
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Because it tastes good and you can have a treat every once in a while without blowing your diet.

This is incredibly judgmental and nasty. It isn't your journey. It's none of your business.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

hi, my name is miko and i'm a taco bell addict. your dietary regimen is not necessarily the answer to all of life's questions.

piety is so annoying.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    That's usually what I do. I get 3 Fresco chicken soft tacos for lunch once a week. 450 calories. I don't care about sodium since high blood pressure isn't an issue for me and I know how to balance my electrolytes by taking in more potassium.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Hey, what works for me is not eliminating anything from my diet, otherwise I wouldn't stick to it. Everyone has their thing. I strongly disagree that she's "kidding herself". Losing weight does not have to mean deprivation, that is the beauty of MFP.

Also, it's kind of an individual choice, so berating people for what they are eating isn't going to do anyone any good and will, frankly, make you look a bit like a jerk.

Thank you! Yes, it is true I think depriving yourself is not good. I also have oreos once in a while...shsss....lol
This discussion has been closed.