I HATE WATER ,,, HELP

Options

Replies

• Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Water is the ONLY thing I say force yourself to drink! LOL I'm from the desert and water was not an option growing up it was mandatory. I love the water pouches but they are full of artificial sweeteners which I'm not fond of so if it helps you start drinking it then go for it but use it sparingly. Or like another poster said, just fill a bottle with water and sip from it. Good luck!:smile:
  • mybutterfly63
    mybutterfly63 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've just started a water challenge! I dont like water either so I have it in squash to make me actually drink it. People have suggested the Mio stuff to me as well so I am going to have to look into it!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    You're just going to have to get used to it. I didn't like drinking water at first either, especially when eating food. I thought it ruin the taste if I did. But that doesn't happen anymore. I drink water 100% of the time now.
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I find it's better if it's nice and cold, or I sometimes add squash, if you have Tesco they do some nice one's that taste of pear drop's , lemon sherburts or cola cubes and it's just 2 cal's
  • grfox66
    Options
    I like the "it just needs to be liquid" quote...

:drinker: :drinker: I KNOW I can force down 8 glasses of BEER a day:drinker: :drinker:

So Im good right???:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    mio.

that is all.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I feel like I don't actually have to like water. I just need to be hydrated in the purest and easiest form. Water's free and, at least, does not have an offensive taste. I add lemon or lime to it if I'm feeling "exotic". I just stopped caring much for sodas and juices. The calories aren't worth it to me. Once in a while I have a diet soda. Regular tastes too sweet to me now.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE water, or so I thought. After just making myself drink it for a week or so I started to like it. Now, I love it and crave it.

Just as exercise, it's all habit.

I agree with this 100%, I was the same way. Just start drinking it, you'll come around.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Try MiO...You can add a little...or a lot and it's 0 cals.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love water to begin with, because it's definitely something of habit! Soda was never an option in my house growing up, so a water-drinking habit formed really early on.

But in the summer, I am absolutely addicted to seltzer. You get the fun carbonation that you'd get from soda, but seltzer is just water. No calories, no sugar, and perhaps it would be more palatable to you, especially if you get flavored seltzer or put a drop of fruit juice in with plain seltzer!

I also agree with everyone who says keep a water bottle near you and just sip. My boyfriend literally would never drink water (he just wouldn't drink anything at all, except when we'd go out for beer!) until I bought him one of these Gatorade water bottles from ****'s. You don't have to unscrew a top every time you want a sip, so it's literally effortless to drink water. I use this for working out (it makes taking a sip while running SO easy!), and now my boyfriend drinks about 3 bottles (96oz!) a day. It's also a plus because it's re-usable and not individually packaged plastic water from the store!

Edit: Apparently you can't write ****'s Sporting Goods on the website, so here's a link to the product on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Gatorade-32-Oz-Water-Bottle/dp/B001B9MEP8
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Fair warning on the MIO- Gives me terrible headaches. I know alot of people get them from it because of the artificial sweetners and I am a Diet coke and Sweet N Low user.
  • 1CharChar
    Options
    I don't like water neither but I do force myself to get the required ounces. I think maybe you can use the crystal light packets and they still count towards your water intake.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is about habit; just drink every day and build up. Sometimes temperature makes a difference (too warm, too cold) try just refridgerated, not iced, if you don't like iced water -- maybe it's just too cold for you.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say I hate water, but I definately prefer pop.

Also just in general I cant drink as much in a day as is recommended, just not possible for me
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It must be an acquired taste for some people. I also hated it back in high school. Now, I love it. I think the benefits of plain water are far outweighed by any other fluid so my advice is...drink it anyway!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You're a sugar addict. Takes 21 days to form a habit. Drink it for 21 days and you'll become accustomed to it. Buck up.

This is also true...

This is true.

You have to just do it. I don't like going to work or paying taxes, but I do. I don't like drinking water, but I do.

And if all else fails - vodka :wink:
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just suck it up and drink it, your body needs it and it's good for you. If you want flavor, add a slice of lemon, lime or cucumber.

Isn't the Mio stuff the bright colored dyes and artificial sweeteners? How in the world is that good for your body???
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Fair warning on the MIO- Gives me terrible headaches. I know alot of people get them from it because of the artificial sweetners and I am a Diet coke and Sweet N Low user.

Me freaking too! Migraines that knock my on my tukus. Add some lemon/lime/orange/cucumber to your water, I'd suggest staying away from the mixes, they're chemical nightmares...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Me freaking too! Migraines that knock my on my tukus. Add some lemon/lime/orange/cucumber to your water, I'd suggest staying away from the mixes, they're chemical nightmares...

Yeah, I don't know what it is that is different from other sweetners but my sister gets them too. By far some of the most painful headaches in my life have been from drinking Mio.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    not_again_cat-1.jpg

You dont HAVE to have actual water.

You need on average 8 cups of fluid.

You can get this fluid via vegetables, fruit, tea, coffee, soda, juice, etc. They all hydrate you, some more than others, but they all do the job.

If you dont like water, dont drink water! You aren't alone in this! Just make sure you get your fluid from other sources!
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^ Really guys, c'mon. Do we medical professionals have to spell it out THAT much???? Just because something is NOT water it does not mean it doesn't go towards keeping you hydrated. Even if it's not fluid or clear it can go towards keeping you hydrated, and THAT is the important factor that we really look at.
    Juice = fluids (water)
    Milk = fluids
    Soup = fluids
    Jello = fluids
    Popsicle = fluids
    Watermelon = fluids
    See, even things that are perceived as 'solid' or 'food' can go towards keeping you hydrated.