Just turned 60

Options
Hello, just turned 60 and need inspiration! Plugging away but not seeing results. Started logging today and will make it a part of my daily routine to keep me honest and accountable. I like to walk and do yoga.

Replies

• Dreamroper
    Dreamroper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I turned 68 in May and had gained 15 lbs over the last year, so I am working at getting rid of it. Just keep going and it will come off. I go to Jazzercise twice a week, ride my bike and my horses. It's definately a slower go after we get older, but you can do it. Just keep logging, stay within your calories and exercise whenever you can. Good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,219 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I used MFP to lose 50+ pounds at age 59-60, and am still at a healthy weight 6+ years later (now age 66), after around 3 previous decades of overweight/obesity.

I'm a big believer in slow and steady loss, based on gradually remodeling eating and activity habits in ways that are easy to sustain long term, almost on autopilot, to stay at a healthy weight.

Age is not an insurmountable barrier, for sure!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Coming 60 this year, you can do this, add some friends if you need a but more motivation. Good luck
  • Ineedtolose50lbs
    Ineedtolose50lbs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you! How do I add friends? Not seeing any buttons…?
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    You click on the picture it takes you to profile click on that and you see and email and another pic click on that and send a request