Normal progress/fluctuations?

Options
adonatsch
adonatsch Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey there!
I track calories most of the days. I always did weight training but started cardio the help the fat loss.

One month of progress: https://ibb.co/jLfRbFy

Is the progress and the fluctuations within the normal limit or do I need to step my game up in terms of tracking etc.?

Cheers

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    So it's been four days? Share another pic once you get to about six weeks! It's too soon.
  • Lynxes602
    Lynxes602 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think your on the right track - give it some time
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Normal. Consider a weight trending app. They do some statistical manipulations (moving weighted average, usually) to try to suss out a trend from amongst the daily fluctuations. It's not magic crystal ball, it can be wrong, too, but it may be helpful.

Examples are Happy Scale for iOS/Apple, Libra for Android, Trendweight (requires a free Fitbit account but you don't need a device), Weightgrapher.

I weigh daily, have for eons. My daily random fluctuations are usually 2-3 pounds (kg or so), but can be twice that on the rare occasion. Below is a segment of time during the latter (slower) stages of my weight loss. The connected downhill-ish line is the trend, the vertical bars connect the daily weight to the trend line. You can see how the daily weights hop all over, sometimes the trend even turns upward for a short time, but the overall trend over time is downward.

tqsq0viiqckk.png

This is how weight loss looks, in real life, pretty much. Hang in there. Play the long game. It can work.
  • adonatsch
    adonatsch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    So it's been four days? Share another pic once you get to about six weeks! It's too soon.

No it has been a month as you can see in the image provided (if ur not american, the dates can be confuseing :D)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I 2nd getting a trend app.

Weight-Loss-Reality-Feature-1024x538.png