Tell me why your here

Options
Hey there,

I am just wondering what it is that you came here for. I personally came here because I am tired of being the pretty/fat girl. I have spent the past 5 years being a workout yoyo.. trying Weight Watchers, crazy crash diets with my friends and competitive competitions.

It wasn't until last year that I took a health class at my college that made me realize that I was doing it all wrong. In order to loose weight you need to feed your body and you have to make better choices and decisions about what you are putting into it so you can have a better output.

So everyone tell my why your here and if you want go ahead and add me. I am a good support person and hope to help you along the way. Good luck on your achievements!

Replies

• mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I came for calorie tracking. I stayed for the social aspects and recipes.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    A friend is on here, so that's how I got here. I had already lost about 25lbs prior to being on MFP and have lost 10 more since joining.
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!
    I am here because I am a short person (4'9") who loves to eat :)
    What does that mean? When I gain weight (even a few pounds) there is NOWHERE for it to hide :)
    I don't wish to look like an oompa loompa!

I actually started counting calories and lost my initial weight way back in 2007.
    I have been maintaining ever since then, but again, being short, it's an ongoing journey.
    I will always count calories and workout so that I make sure to not go crazy w/ the carbs and chocolate :)
    It is a lifestyle for me and my family now.
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I came for calorie tracking. I stayed for the social aspects and recipes.

totally agree.

I didn't want to go further and further into my adult years being overweight. There's a sense of slack given to you when you're young or a student to make excuses for poor eating. I'm out of that phase in my life and have much better controls in place to allow me the opportunity to make good choices for myself. If I start now, it'll be easier to keep with it when I move forward towards my own family life someday.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    <
    More of that. I'm here because I wanted to be fitter so I could do more, be more active, push harder, go longer, lift bigger, feel sexy(er because it seems to be my theme for this post)
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    For accountability. I have a hard time finding a partner, and motivation is hard to keep.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I joined because my daughter wanted me to join so she could friend me. I stayed because I like logging my food and playing on these message boards. I'm not trying to lose any more weight (already lost 24) at this point.
  • LorieLP70
    Options
    I am going to a fitness class and have to track what I eat, and they told me about this site. I love it, and im actually going to try and have fun while im loosing weight. Its easier to have someone helping you tackle something, so I have tried to tackle my friends and family to help and join with me.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I'm on here to lose weight. MFP has the best motivators. I also like being able to track my calorie intake and see what makes me gain weight and what makes me lose weight.