What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• 486dx
    486dx Posts: 9 Member
    Sitting at my computer pondering if I should set up a Facebook account.

I deleted my old one two years ago, I'd been on there since 2007 but I found it so...vacuous, didn't care for endless selfies and pictures of peoples kids. Then I realised there are certain people I have literally no way of contacting other than FB, and you become quite socially isolated without it.

What do you think?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    486dx wrote: »

I deleted my old one two years ago, I'd been on there since 2007 but I found it so...vacuous, didn't care for endless selfies and pictures of peoples kids. Then I realised there are certain people I have literally no way of contacting other than FB, and you become quite socially isolated without it.

What do you think?

Can you contact them other ways? I was recently stalked I guess through FB. Maybe that’s an exaggeration but it was weird. I don’t like the app. I rarely use it but my gym and some kids activities only communicate through FB so I got one a few years ago. Don’t do it! Or just get it and don’t scroll through. That’s what I basically do. And on the rare occasion I scroll through, it’s the same 10 peoples’ post over and over again anyway.
  • 486dx
    486dx Posts: 9 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

What do you think?

Can you contact them other ways? I was recently stalked I guess through FB. Maybe that’s an exaggeration but it was weird. I don’t like the app. I rarely use it but my gym and some kids activities only communicate through FB so I got one a few years ago. Don’t do it! Or just get it and don’t scroll through. That’s what I basically do. And on the rare occasion I scroll through, it’s the same 10 peoples’ post over and over again anyway.

Stalked?! Well that's horrifying. I'm sorry!

Some of them I have no other way of contacting, people like relatives in Australia (I'm in the UK so the time difference is real) - also a few old schoolmates and work colleagues who I don't have on Whatsapp.

Your advice is good though, maybe I should just use it for messenger and not bother with the rest of it. I don't mean to be a grinch, social media was cool and exciting when I was in my 20s. I'm sliding downhill towards 40 now and it just doesn't feel like my world any more.

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

What do you think?

Stalked?! Well that's horrifying. I'm sorry!

Some of them I have no other way of contacting, people like relatives in Australia (I'm in the UK so the time difference is real) - also a few old schoolmates and work colleagues who I don't have on Whatsapp.

Your advice is good though, maybe I should just use it for messenger and not bother with the rest of it. I don't mean to be a grinch, social media was cool and exciting when I was in my 20s. I'm sliding downhill towards 40 now and it just doesn't feel like my world any more.
    Stalked was probably too strong of a word. You totally should do that! Just keep your page blank mostly and use it for communicating.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Night night time. Programming dream sequence
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Coffee time and Hallmark movies cause my tv is in the basement wyr08zbxgtog.jpg
  • cute_mom_needs_wine
    cute_mom_needs_wine Posts: 39 Member
    Procrastinating at work. It's too nice to be stuck inside chained to this desk.
  • twitchymcgee
    Trying to get my nipples in my back pockets
  • IYKYK_
    IYKYK_ Posts: 87 Member

You need help with that?

I know someone
  • twitchymcgee
    IYKYK_ wrote: »

You need help with that?

I know someone

How’s your aim? I got some lasers to shoot
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    Imma making biscuits
  • IYKYK_

You need help with that?

I know someone

I've taken out an eyeball or two, but perhaps I can practice with yours? 😘
  • twitchymcgee

You need help with that?

I know someone

I got the best visual of you manning the girls- I mean guns.

• IYKYK_

You need help with that?

I know someone

I got the best visual of you manning the girls- I mean guns.

Meow

• twitchymcgee
    Imma making biscuits

American biscuits or the other kind? 😁
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,502 Member
    At the library in the kids section. The librarian has decided to bring her kids....her bratty kids and they are running like escaped monkeys...lemme see what she does when she sees my kids running too 😂
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member

I legit LOL’d at this
  • twitchymcgee

I legit LOL’d at this
    It was your idea!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member

I legit LOL’d at this
    It was your idea!

Sounds painful, but if y’all get it figured out I highly suggest posting a selfie of this….😅
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

There must be a youtube video with the how-to.