Smoker?

Options
Your thoughts on electronic cigarettes please. I really want to buy one but ive heard a few bad reviews.

really like this one

http://www.blucigs.com/

im not a heavy smoker but i cant seem to stop-i crave cigarettes all day and end up smoking either one a day or a cigar every other day (which is terrible)

:-( help

Replies

• HLM2010
    Options
    My husband smoked a pack a day and then one day just up and bought the E-cig. He has been smoke free for over 2 months now and said it's the best thing he ever did! I say go for it! Can't hurt to try!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

(sorry, that wasn't the answer to your question, but I'm a smoker, too.......have not tried the electronic cigs, and probably won't.)
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    They work if you WANT to quit smoking. If you do not want to quit, and are only doing it for reasons to please others you will fail.

I am an ex smoker. So is my wife.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I bought one and it gave me a 3 day long migraine. I think its more based on the person. I had friends that loved it and hated it.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I used one a few times when I was smoking and found them to be AWESOME.

Do your research, though, and buy a really good one (expensive). They break really easily and they are expensive to use.

But I found them to be way better than cigs.

Thankfully I will have a year smoke free October 1st so I don't have to worry about nicotine any more :smile:
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to be disagreeing with you all - but electronic cigs did NOTHING for me. They still have nicotine, so you're still a smoker. They're 'healthier' but it's like finding a healthy form of heroin?!
    With all the humility in the world, can I recommend "Allan Carr's easyway to stop smoking". I tried it and it worked. It is really good. And much more effective than e-cigs :).
    P - I bought e-lites. Excellent delivery etc. But didn't get me off cigarettes.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    With all the humility in the world, can I recommend "Allan Carr's easyway to stop smoking". I tried it and it worked. It is really good.

This. This is what finally enabled me to become free of any form of nicotine. It will be two years on October 30th. It's worth a shot.
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    With all the humility in the world, can I recommend "Allan Carr's easyway to stop smoking". I tried it and it worked. It is really good.

This. This is what finally enabled me to become free of any form of nicotine. It will be two years on October 30th. It's worth a shot.

:D It's amazing isn't it Sue :D way to go you!!! I hope I reach 2 years without a hitch. So far so good :D
  • suemar74
    Options

:D It's amazing isn't it Sue :D way to go you!!! I hope I reach 2 years without a hitch. So far so good :D

It WAS amazing! After many failed attempts and feeling like I had the "creepy-crawlies" when I would try to quit, that book helped make it so painless. Best thing I did.

You'll definitely make it two years...and more :)
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    okay so none of you mentioned that these electronic ciggarettes are just as bad as real ciggarettes and that they are trying to be banned? i have a friend that continuously tells me how horrible they are for you-i tried telling her that they dont have to contain nicotine.

i really dont understand because shes on chantex and im doing this alone with nothing, we smoke about the same amounts too.

thats really why i left this post. shes so convinced that they are the worst thing and you might as well buy ciggarettes...it confuses me because she REALLY wants to quit. The electronic cigarettes appears to be something that helps with your state of mind. If the action of smoking is not what your addicted too then it wont work. The only thing i worry about is that i use cigarettes to help my anxiety attacks and stress (like everyone) that may be just part of the "letting go process"

the majority of you said go for it so i just might
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Check out http:nwvapors.com Myself and 4 friends really like this one.

We all have the one called ego-T starter kit
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey last December, 2 weeks before we left on a cruise. It was my 4th time and last time. I am now fighting to lose the weight but it is soooo worth it. I smoked for about 25 years. Quit for 2 years, quit for 8 months and for 6 months.

I finally have a supportive man that is proud that I care enough to quit and continue to work on losing the weight. My exhusband got on me for gaining after he got on me to quit smoking. Nice catch22 the jerk!!!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to quit - i considered the e-smokes however i decided to wean myself off slowly. I started out smoking about 15 cigs a day (nearly a pack a day >.<) and i'm down to 3 cigs a day now. it's rough sometimes and other times i feel ok going without them. october 15th i go down to 2 cigs a day. my fiance is absolutely instrumental in this because he helps motivate me to keep it up.

haha we started out him giving me the cigs i would have for the day and hiding the rest - it really worked and now i can actually control myself and not smoke constantly. :)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Blucigs suck. Not satisfying at all.

I recommend a Joye 510 or the previously mentioned eGo. Both are great models and deliver with good performance and a reasonable price. Check out ecigsupply.com for good deals on both. You can order the nicotine liquid on varying strengths - high, medium, low, or none, so you can wean yourself off nicotine if you wish.

The ecig does deliver nicotine if you get that kind of liquid. However, most people are trying to quit smoking due to the negative health effects of the tobacco burning, not nicotine. In fact, nicotine is relatively safe for most people. If you have cardiovascular problems or any circulation issues, you should avoid nicotine altogether. The ecig delivers nicotine without the harmful effects of tobacco smoke.

I quit smoking tobacco using an ecig, and I love mine. I still use it regularly 2 years later, although I've lowered the nicotine level since then. My breathing is vastly improved, and I've saved a lot of money (the ecig is much cheaper).

Good luck!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with E-Cig's,, I dropped mine cold turkey last year but not everyone can do that, Dont get me wrong I still have cravings like MAD sometimes (My husband still smokes) the thing is to not give in to them but you have to WANT to quit! I here that E-Cigs still have Nicotine its just a lower amount then a Cig but the habit isnt just the Nicotine its the addiction to having something between your fingers! I found that when I want one if I put a pen or pencil or even a crayon there and hold it and just drink me some water or something then I can get past my craving and go on about my day. I dont do this so much anymore I have got to where I tell myself "Its been over a year,, that would be plain stupid to pick them back up now!" Hope you find your way to a Non-Smoking you!!!
  • suemar74
    Options
    Just my experience...

The e-cig I tried a few years ago was about $70. I justified it by comparing it to the cost of a carton. I didn't like it.

It tasted weird, and the vapor dripped from the e-cig onto my lip. The latest I heard about e-cigs, some people were claiming inhaling the moist vapor was causing pneumonia. I don't know the accuracy of that though. But my e-cig didn't help me quit.

I also, at one time, tried Chantix. I'm sure everyone has heard the negatives of that by now. But personally, the only negatives (and the reason I stopped) was because it made me nauseous. I hate feeling like I'm going to puke. But that was just me. I actually enjoyed the vivid dreams, and didn't feel depressed. But it also didn't help me quit either.

If you want to try it, try it. And if you want to quit, keep trying (whatever you think will help) until you're successful :)
  • bauer1971
    bauer1971 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This book helped me quit! Great GREAT Book! January 17th was my last smoke..strongly recommend!
  • dannylives
    Options
    I only see electronic cigarettes in malls, in little stands, with employees smoking them for advertisement purposes, and my reaction to them is, "man, that's ridiculous, what are they gonna think of next?" I totally feel you on having to smoke at least a cigarette a day. I smoked for 5 years and hated it a lot of the time. I understand trying to quit and that feeling that comes with it. To me it was a feeling that things are just not right, I felt uneasy, I wanted to get back to where I belonged, and had a craving for that same **** that I knew was bad for me but for some reason gave me an escape and provided me with what seemed like a mini vacation during my day. I could smoke and everything would be okay. The only way I finally quit after many attempts was volunteering to go to a Christian/Catholic work/style ranch to live on in the middle of nowhere (no TV, Cell phone, internet, phone calls, newspaper, magazines, NO CONNECTION with the outside world.) I was completely separated from society for 2 full weeks. We worked pretty much all day, it was pretty intense and I'm telling you the truth when I say this, after only 2 days of being there, I didn't even want to smoke a cigarette, I had no cravings. I learned that smoking is completely unnecessary. It really IS your enemy. Your brain will lie to you. Try to quit now before it's too late and you end up smoking till you're 45 years old or worse.
  • punk_mama
    Options
    Just get pregnant like I did 6 years ago!!! I Quit right away.
    Okay probably not helpful at all!! :tongue:

You have to really want to quit, I tried quitting before my pregnancy but couldn't do it. I found out I was preg with my son And i quit thaT day. I really wanted to quit for my babies health I am a stats person so if I look up the bad somethings that, smoking for example, can do to my body it will make me want to quit more. It will be hard but you can do this!! Good luck to you!!!:flowerforyou: