50 lbs lost (before and after)

Decoy152
Decoy152 Posts: 43 Member
Thanks to my wife for taking the after pic in forgiving light and indeed persuading me to get in front of a camera in the first place. I have no shirtless before pic because I refused to take one.

I started my weight loss and body recomposition journey in December 2019, weighing in at 216 to 218lbs. For the first 26-27 months I tracked my nutrition and calories in my head on a daily basis. I did not yet have a tracking app. Probably because I am 56 years old, from the pre smartphone and even pre internet era. I joined MFP in May 2022 as a means of facilitating communcation with others and the ability to dial in macros with greater precision.

By December 2021 I had overshot my original weight loss goal by about 7 pounds, weighing in at 158lbs. This was too skinny. I lacked muscle tone, no abs and despite my low body weight had an awful look of male gyno. So I began weight training in an effort to make a set of mole hills out of man-tits. I still have some jelly to burn off but as of July 1st 2022 the day of the after picture I think we have passed a gate.

The challenge here forward is to continue to improve body composition (kill gyno) and test the abilities a 55+ person to build muscle.

I hope this post encourages you at any stage in your journey.

Feel free to reach out and/or send a friend request if you are in a similar place or have questions about my particular path.

-Douglas53tyii41gf03.pnga5d5vnyicsds.jpg

Replies

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Well done! You look terrific! Wishing you the best in your continued endevours.
  • Alesgriff79
    Alesgriff79 Posts: 39 Member
    Congratulations! and 'Hell Yeah ! ' to all of that hard work paying off! Your after pic really shows how dedicated you've been to your weight loss and recomp! You look amazing and I bet you feel freaking awesome! Well done dude!! Well done!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Awesome job! You look amazing and Iโ€™m sure you feel even better. ๐Ÿ’ช
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Fantastic! Congratulations ๐Ÿ‘
  • rvwoezik2018
    rvwoezik2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Looks great, did you experience loose belly skin? My belly looks like it needs ironing
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 19 Member
    Congrats bro!!
  • Decoy152
    did you experience loose belly skin? My belly looks like it needs ironing
    ๐Ÿ˜† Oh yeah! Plenty of slack left over.

• Decoy152
    Your after pic really shows how dedicated you've been to your weight loss and recomp! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Ales!! Your feedback only encourages me more. Greatly appreciated.

• eatforjoy
    eatforjoy Posts: 1 Member
    Great job! I'm starting (yesterday) with 50 lbs to lose, so this is super inspiring. Thanks for being brave and sharing your after photo!
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    Wow! My goal weight is 164. My starting weight was 217! I'm female though but I came here for inspiration and want expecting the exact same story lol I'm only half way there though. Great job! Thanks for posting!
  • Decoy152
    Great job! I'm starting (yesterday) with 50 lbs to lose, so this is super inspiring.
    Thank you! Congrats on that first step, every one is forward progress ๐Ÿ‘

• Decoy152
    Wow! My goal weight is 164. My starting weight was 217!
    Wow that is coincidental! Keep up the momentum ๐Ÿ‘

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    so inspiring. Absolutely amazing how the body can change if you do what it takes. Thanks for sharing your success ..so encouraging.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    @Decoy152
    Great job, you look great
  • lpwest3
    lpwest3 Posts: 31 Member
    Like a whole new man!
  • MsFeleesh
    MsFeleesh Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome job!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    'Forgiving light' doesn't give you a chest light that, or visible abs. They're either there or not there. You look great. Clearly you've put in a lot of work
  • socrates137
    socrates137 Posts: 5 Member
    Inspiring. Great job
  • sandraws
    sandraws Posts: 22 Member
    What an amazing transformation! Congratulations on your success! Your hard work and focus payed off big time
  • mfsfitness
    mfsfitness Posts: 5 Member
    YOWZA! Love the no man tits!!! Congratulations you look amazing!! Stupid app would not allow me to click amazing and inspiring and a hug!! So there you have it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!