Low fat, low carb tuna recipes?
Yes, I love this tuna salad!
chopped bell pepper
scallions (or red onion, or your choice of onion)
lots of fresh parsley
red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
That's it. The olive oil, vinegar and parsley are delicious with tuna. I only use the radish when I have some in the garden. Sometimes I add some white beans. What you put in is really up to you. Hope you like!5
I absolutely love green Thai curry tuna patties.
Green Thai curry paste to taste (I use Mae Ploy)
1 egg per medium tin of tuna
A tablespoon or so of coconut flour - you can use other nut flour, but the coconut flavour works with the curry.
I use an egg ring to shape the patties on a cookie sheet and bake until cooked.
They're great prep for the week and are yum with a salad or some veg, can be eaten hot or cold, and travel well.0
I make tuna salad with tuna, low fat mayo, mustard, diced onion, sometimes avocado, and dill. Then slice up some cucumbers and scoop it up like chips and dip.4
Google salade Nicoise.0
You could make a poke bowl with canned tuna instead of raw. Adjust the rice serving to meet your carb goal, or something. It's not authentic but it would be easy.0
beabria Posts: 470 MemberI make a simple smoked tuna salad frequently. (I'm not low-carb, but the recipe is!) Serve with veggies, low carb wrap, etc.
2 cans of tuna (1 if you're not super keen on tuna)
1 8oz pack of cream cheese
(The following are to-taste, but here are some approximations)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Liquid smoke
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
Mix to your desired consistency.3
1. Tuna sushi bowl - can of tuna, spicy mayo ( mayo mixed with siracha ), cucumbers diced or cut fancy, shredded carrots, avocado slices, and your choice of rice if you want low carb try cauliflower rice.
2. tuna patties- yellow onion diced, can of tuna, green onion, sweet bell peppers chopped, one egg and bread crumbs or (pork rinds for low carb) mix together squish into patties and air fry or fry regular.
3. Standard tuna- mayo, onion, celery, little lemon juice can even be fancy and spread it on a slice of toast or toasted with cheese
4. stuffed tomatoes- mix together tuna how you normally would and stuff inside a hollowed out tomato add cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted.1
It had been a while since I've made this, but if I'm recalling correctly, I just took everything and put it into a skillet...
Here's some nutrition info for the recipe:
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.2K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 318 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.1K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 571 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.5K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions