Protein - Help

Options
Hi All,

I have went over my protein last 2 days, does it matter?

Thanks
Paula

Replies

• syreetahasting
    Options
    I always go over my protein. Days that I have an aerobics class, after the class I have a protein shake
  • bstevens1021
    Options
    If you're going to go over something, protein is the best. Your body works harder to use protein than it does to burn simple carbs, for example, so you burn more calories metabolizing protein.
  • alliebeck2
    Options
    As long as you're still eating enough fiber to push the protein plug through, you'll be fine.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    It depends on what your trying to do...do you want to build more muscle? Protine helps your muscles recover and grow after a good workout.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be over anything that is the best. As long as you are in your calorie range you are good.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You're fine. I am always over or right at my protein and always under on my carbs, which my physician said is great!
  • paula341
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for help! Thats good news :)
    I just want to lose weight not build muscle
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary but I'm assuming your using the MFP default settings, so your protein goals are probably lower than they could be anyway. Going over a couple days isn't going to hurt anything especially if you're using the lower settings MFP gives you. Unless you have specific health problems (liver or kidney disease) extra protein in your diet is not a bad thing.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The only negative is if you're going over in protein, you're going under (and potentially not getting enough) of something else.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I usually shoot to go over on my protein and fiber and make sure to drink plenty of water to keep everything moving. I make sure I get a good surplus and balance of fruits, veggies, and lean meat with a moderate amount of carbs.