tired carrot sticks and celery

Options
2»

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    a couple figs, fresh strawberries with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction (better!), and a Laughing cow Lite Swiss Cheese wedge.
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oatcakes with hummous
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Replace with a protein like 1/4c Cottage cheese, or a hard boiled egg. Even Beef Jerky (beware of the sodium) or 1/3c almonds - these snacks will actually satisfy you and carry much longer than noshing on vegetables masked with high calorie/fat dressings.

This!!

And for the love of all that is holy DO NOT fill up on friggin' crackers and granola bars!

This and this...My favorite snack is almonds with some dried cranberries.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Try Soylent Green. It's a tasty protein supplement. You can usually find it at Walmart, or try Google to find a local retailer.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I think really crackers and granola bars are the way to go.
    If I have 300 calories at the end of the night, I'll just have 3 or 4 100 calorie granola bars.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt.. So yummy! Chobani is my fav!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Replace with a protein like 1/4c Cottage cheese, or a hard boiled egg. Even Beef Jerky (beware of the sodium) or 1/3c almonds - these snacks will actually satisfy you and carry much longer than noshing on vegetables masked with high calorie/fat dressings.

Forgot to post the cals... 42g of Beef Jerky (Jack Links) = 120 cal
    1/2 cup of 1 % Cottage Cheese = 100 cal
    1 oz (28 peices) Almonds = 170 cal
    1 hard boiled egg = 70 cal
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted Peanut Butter - about 180 cals. (with Jif peanut butter)

oooh, snap! never thought to melt it!!! THIS is what i'm having later!!
    And for the love of all that is holy DO NOT fill up on friggin' crackers and granola bars!

Crackers are FULL of fat and empty crackers, and soooo easy to over due!

!! Yes indeedio - you can only have like 5 (never enough) and once the tasty salty carby goodness touches your tongue, you'll always overindulge, and crave more.
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    do you like hummus? it is great with carrots and celery and you get some fiber, which you won't get with the dressing. Or Laughing cow cheese? Also good with veggies. Or if you are tired of those veggies entirely, cut up some tomatoes, cucumber, a little bit of onion. Pour a little white vinegar and salt and pepper and it makes a great little salad.

Love Hummus....might give that a try next week...but I like the vegetable salad idea too...
    Thanks!
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    Green and red pepper strips in hummus!

Now that sounds yummy!
    Thanks!!!!
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    sometimes i like "Mary's Gone Crackers" or Sensible Portions Salt and Pepper Straws as a snack with a lowfat yogurt dip or hummus. Costco had a mild jalapeno greek yogurt dip that was tasty. Also guacamole instead of ranch or you could make a low cal spinach dip that would be great hot or cold.

All marvelous ideas....
    Thank you so much!
  • jljc_2010
    Options

I have missed cottage cheese! Great idea, thank you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Kashi TLC chewy granola bars - 140 calories, 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 7 g protein
    1/4 C Seapoint farms dry roasted edamame - 130 calories, 8 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 14 g protein
    Almonds - 1 oz or 1 handful - 170 calories - 170 calories, 3 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 6 g protein
    Apple and hummus (Sabra single pack) - 150 calories for hummus, about 80 for apple (depending on size)
    peanut butter and fruit - about the same as hummus and apple
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    bell pepper with laughing cow cheese
    almonds with fresh or dried fruit
    cheese sticks with crackers or chips
    yogurt
    cucumber with dip
    cliff kids bars- 120 cals with fiber and protein

I have never tried the cliff kids bars, what do you recommend....
    Please message me, I really like this idea....
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    so many choices...some strawberries and blueberries and fat free vanilla yogurt....i love pepper strips and hummus...orange yellow red, etc. also like zuccini and yellow squash raw strips with hummus, guac, or ranch (LIGHT)....I eat popchips when i am looking for a junk food fix...you get like 20 chips for only 120 calories. also popcorn does a great job of filling me up. i eat mini babybel cheeses and some pickles for a quick snack when i am in a hurry. fiber one bars and some fruit usually hold me over in the afternoons too. snap peas and hummus...omg yum or dipped in a light dressing.

All great ideas!
    Thank you!
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    Switch up the ranch to hummus! I love spicy hummus and carrots or snap peas. Edamame, almonds, pistachios, cherry tomatos, grapes... Lots more than veggies and ranch!
    Great Thank you!!!!
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    Try Soylent Green. It's a tasty protein supplement. You can usually find it at Walmart, or try Google to find a local retailer.

I'll take a look at it, thanks!
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    Greek Yogurt.. So yummy! Chobani is my fav!

Good thought, I have only tried Fage and Dannon, but have heard Chobani is great!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted Peanut Butter - about 180 cals. (with Jif peanut butter)

yum! a similar snack:

mix 1 or 2 Tbsp. of PB2 (only 45 cals for 2T) into plain yogurt, and dip apple wedges, or eat like peanut butter pudding -- mmmmmm