**~NSV...with a special RING to it~**

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...there's no stopping you now!!
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awe, congrats on the weight loss, and on your engagement:happy:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hoooray! congratulations and you deserve every bit of happiness :) woo hoo!!!
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Last september I was 50lbs heavier. Last september I was topped out in pant sizes at the 'plus size' stores. Last september...I was a mess.

My bestfriend and her family came to visit and i tried to come up with all kinds of activities for us to do...it being fall, and they from the south , I decided to take them up to the adirondak mountains to do a little climb and see the leaves. We got to the mountain and they were off...and i was AWEFUL. Panting, embarassed, defeated...it was aweful. Though I made it to the top they spent ALOT of time waiting for me. I decided that day that this...was not acceptable. So...after comiting to MFP in february I set a date with my boyfriend to go back and reconquer that same mountain this september.

So yesterday...we went. I got up that puppy in 45 mins! About half the time it took me last year. I soared up the 'fire tower' at the top and saw the amazing 360 view that I missed last year...like I've missed so many things being so big. It was really, for me, such a proud moment! I went racing back down that slope with just joy in my heart and pep in my step...determined to lose more, tone more...be more!

At a little break on the way down my boyfriend gave me even more drive to push....HE PROPOSED! It was just the most amazing icing..on the wonderful day I was having already. The fresh air in my lungs...and such joy in my heart! He told me I was beautiful...and finally admited (though I suspected) that he did want to be stuck with me forever.

I wanted to share my story...and ask for your support! It's a long road ahead MFP pals....but I want to be a beautiful bride...and never to be held back by any mountain I want to climb ever again!!!

Aww thats amazing girl! Brought a tear to my eye! =) I'm so happy for you! ((((Huggsss)))
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Wow ~ OMG what a wonderful memory, what a wonderful guy, you are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This journey is a real tough one. MFP really makes it so much easier! I would love to support you and see you get to your goal! Then the real work comes :huh:

I have lost weight soooooo many times and it just comes right back. With the help of this site and LOTS of hard work I am going to make it and stay there!!!!

The feeling will be so unreal when you are in that beautiful dress in front of all your friends and family feeling fit and thin!!!

YOU CAN DO IT :flowerforyou:
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That story brought a tear to my eye! Congratulations hun x
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I love this, congratulations!
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous story! Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Congratulations both on the fitness improvement and on your engagement. That is great!!
  • Linshizzle
    Options
    WOW, WHAT AN AWESOME STORY!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! GREAT JOB BTW!!! :)))
  • tashacan
    Options
    AMAZING story! Great job on the climb and congratulations on the proposal! Woohoo!
  • joyjoyotto
    joyjoyotto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What a sweet and inspirational story! Thanks for sharing. Congrats!!!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Very nice story
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your fiancee!! What a thrilling story. =)
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    AMAZING!! This journey is about so much more then being skinny. It is about being happy and healthy!! Congrats!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    What a great story! It really touched me. Congratulations on your weight loss and engagement. :)
  • Cornpuff32
    Options
    Congrats! What fire tower did you guys do? Pretty soon you'll be tackling the big dogs like Algonquin and Marcy :) How great you have such a fun fiance who will go on adventures with you!
  • sorryteacups
    Options
    Your story melted my heart. Too cute!
  • lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome and inspirational story! Thanks for sharing and keep losing!:love:
  • thinstat
    Options
    Congratulations! You're going to be a beautiful, joyful, confident bride!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!