One year ago vs yesterday

Options
7w4443t5lwgs.jpeg

My dream since I was 10 years old is to be fit. I have followed multiple diets, even starved myself, until I came to a point I thought I will never be able to do it so I gave up. 2 months ago the weight loss of a girl I know inspired me so much I decided to try again. I wanted to see what will happen if for once I don’t give up. The difference was that I wanted to do it the proper way this time. I stopped buying white bread, sugar, fizzy drinks, flour and dairy milk, started walking regularly, but I was still sceptical. I saw the number on the scale drop but I didn’t see any results. I was devastated. I thought everything I do is pointless, that I am meant to be fat all my life and there is nothing I can do about it. But even then I refused to give up. Then just yesterday the magic happened. I saw a HUGE difference between my pictures from a year ago and now. (Even tho I still have a lot of weight to lose to reach my goal I feel so happy) So I just wanted to say to everyone who is currently having a difficult time trying to get fit DO NOT give up, even if you binged, even If you don’t see the change, even If you think it is impossible. Have a patience and be kind to yourselves. If I can do it anyone can. You will get there.

Replies

• phillyeagles9358
    phillyeagles9358 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looking GREAT! You have wonderful legs from what I can see. Keep it up!
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!!!!
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    I’ve got a few more months left before I can post my 1 year...can’t wait!
  • crazycookie97
    crazycookie97 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much! ☺️
  • teresakerekes1966
    teresakerekes1966 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at a plateau for the last 11 days so thanks for the encouragement! You are doing great...please keep it up!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you look half the size from the first picture to today..... but beautiful in both photos.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • sstilluhorg
    sstilluhorg Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Inspirational
  • lpwest3
    lpwest3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing work :smiley:
  • Wendyscholl1
    Wendyscholl1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have a very long path to fitness, but I also started thinking about my fitness journey over the last year and I'm pleased that I can look at this year and know I'm in a better spot than I was last year. And next year will be better too. One foot in front of the other. :)
  • lastpioneermusic
    lastpioneermusic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great in both pictures honestly... I wouldn't lose more if i were you.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!