Day 1 (again)

Options
There is no question here, just a statement. I need to be held more accountable for my health. I spend time on Facebook and Instagram all day, but nothing there is going to help me. So, here I am check in. I worked out and have a healthy meal plan for today. Day 1 (again) has started. Comment if you want or don’t 🤷🏻‍♀️ Y’all do you and have the best day.

Replies

• ronmatta
    ronmatta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started watching YouTube videos of Dr. Robert Lustig is Professor of Pediatric Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Lustig has become a leading public health authority on the impact sugar has on fueling the diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome epidemics, and on addressing changes in the food environment to reverse these chronic diseases. I have stopped / limited eating processed foods, eating fresh vegetables, eggs, proteins. The Peter Attia Drive and others have interesting views on diet.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I just started again last Monday. I managed to maintain my weight for several years without trying but it started to creep up on me again as I've lessened my physical activity level. Here's to a fresh start!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My latest day 1 was June 2nd, but I started out 'this time' by loosely tracking my calories in (using a notebook, or keeping #s in my head daily) and just came back to MFP a couple of weeks ago.

There are weight loss groups on FB - but in my opinion they have a limited usefulness. The 'good' ones must be heavily moderated (to prevent spammers and mlm pushers) meaning if you have a question, it may not appear in the group for a day or longer - so not useful for quick responses. Or if not moderated then you have to wade thru posts about gimmicks and people trying to sell you stuff to find any useful information or feedback.
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you’re using social media on your phone, do laps around your house while online. Then at least it’s not time wasted 😀
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    ronmatta wrote: »
    I started watching YouTube videos of Dr. Robert Lustig is Professor of Pediatric Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Lustig has become a leading public health authority on the impact sugar has on fueling the diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome epidemics, and on addressing changes in the food environment to reverse these chronic diseases. I have stopped / limited eating processed foods, eating fresh vegetables, eggs, proteins. The Peter Attia Drive and others have interesting views on diet.

Thank you for posting about Dr Lustig. I had never heard of him but watched some of his information online and just ordered his book. Wow.

• l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs total in about 2 years. 195 to 125. Maintained for 3 yrs. I just realized last week my clothes are getting tight but knew I had been over eating. Got on the scale and it was 136 so here I am. It's just a tiny bit but it's a trend and I have to stop it or it will gain speed. So I get it.
  • radtrae
    radtrae Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    l911jnt wrote: »
    I lost 70 lbs total in about 2 years. 195 to 125. Maintained for 3 yrs. I just realized last week my clothes are getting tight but knew I had been over eating. Got on the scale and it was 136 so here I am. It's just a tiny bit but it's a trend and I have to stop it or it will gain speed. So I get it.

100%….I did not get to it fast enough and now I’m up 35lbs! It’s ok though, life happens. You just have to refocus and make better decisions.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    radtrae wrote: »
    l911jnt wrote: »

100%….I did not get to it fast enough and now I’m up 35lbs! It’s ok though, life happens. You just have to refocus and make better decisions.

Same. I could say ill start next Monday but that's a bad habit of mine..so started today..I ate good..but fail at drinking my coke cola. So my small goal is to aim for not drinking one...need to refocus on a being healthier.
  • lizrent10
    lizrent10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You got this! This is my Day 1 (again) but on the app. Ending of June/Beginning of July was a little weird and forgot to do my food log ins. I wasn’t doing my 3 gym visits and one week i couldn’t go at all (again weird month). But it makes me feel good that I’m not the only one. We got this! You got this!! I’m excited to see your progress!
  • Seasonal_One
    Seasonal_One Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is a great day. Getting to Day 1 often takes time. Congratulations.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm in a group here Just for Today... It's kid of like a day by day goal sheet to keep us accountable. In the morning I will list my goals for the day, then the next morning I will come back at report on how I did. There is no judgement if you miss at a goal, it just helps some of us to write down the goals. For instance I'm planning to go play trivia this evening at a bar, but I plan to not drink. Big ask for me, but having written it down makes it more concrete in my mind.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852228/just-for-today-one-day-at-a-time-daily-commitment-thread-for-2022#latest