Almost 2 months in, looking for motivation and friends.

Options
I’m just about 2 months in to my fitness journey I’m down almost 20 pounds. I feel so motivated this time, I’ve set a goal and for once it feels achievable. But here I am laying in bed trying to negotiate with myself to sleep in a little more and push my walk to later today. Ugh I’m sure we’ve all been exactly here the only thing to do is shut it down and get up and go. Just wanted to vent I suppose. I’m 35 from central coast California and I’m looking for some friends on this app. Feel free to reach out, I guess it’s time to get up for that walk now!!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    You’ve done so well!

Step back, breath, and honor what you’ve accomplished so far.

I’m almost four years in- been in maintenance for over two, and I still have those days. They’ll probably always be with us.

But I do know, when I force myself to get up and do something, anything, I often find those are the workouts, walks, yoga sessions I enjoy the most.

I don’t know if it’s uplifting endorphins kicking in, or the satisfaction of “I got up, I did, I conquered”.

I’m probably the most annoying, irritating, bombastic “friend” around here but will send you a request.

My personal experience has been that being involved in the boards is what made me successful, but I do find seeing what other friends are doing, how they’re overcoming, what routines they have, all are interesting fodder. Motivation, though? Not usually. That comes from within.

I do recommend, though, if you’re feeling particularly bummed out, go to the Success Stories boards, especially the giant NSV (non-scale victories) thread. That one kept me going through many a meh kinda day.

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! 20 pounds is a huge accomplishment!

I’m feeling off today. I woke up and the room was spinning… ugh. I don’t push myself on days like today. If anything, I push myself the other way… forced rest.

I guess what I’m saying is… congratulations on your weight loss! You’re doing amazing! If you are negotiating with yourself because you actually need to rest.. rest. Rest is not doing nothing, but it is recovery. Same thing with actual sleep. People think of sleep as this period of inactivity when sleep is actually the time that your body is busy repairing itself. That’s actually something I’m trying to teach myself. It’s okay to rest. It’s okay to sleep… just get back to it! 💪

You can add me if you want to. 💐I try to be a good and encouraging friend but they have changed the dashboard and sometimes I forget to check on my buddies. Just keep going !
  • Jerilang
    Jerilang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats for beginning! I take each day as it comes, and I've been at it since April, having lost just about 25 lbs. I'm older and it takes a lot longer than even 5 yrs ago. So now I weigh every few weeks. Started at 179 much to my dismay. Hope to see the 140's in Sept.
  • kerry6167
    kerry6167 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! And it’s great you are so motivated. Good journey to you.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic loss for just a short time. I bet you're pleased. When I just don't feel like something, I'll work in a different route, different activity, switch up whats playing in the ear bud, or grab a friend of neighbor to buddy up with. So your activity, do you build in a rest day. Take a break from your activities. Be a couch potato and recharge. Next day get back to it :) Also, take measurements. Give yourself motivation looking at your reports.