In my 30's, 5'7 and almost hitting 200lbs.. :( .

Options
Just joined and hoping to get tips and words of encouragment to start shedding off some pounds. My goal weight is to lose 50 and have abs for the first time in my life.

Replies

• wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in a good place with lots of good people!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am close to 30.. i WAS close to 200 (actually i was WAY over)
    I shall friend you and we can encourage eachother. :smile:
  • karenyg
    Options
    We are here for encouragement and anytime you may need help or have questions.
  • tveehs
    Options
    I am older but right there with you in height and weight. We CAN do this!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 y/o, 5'7'' as well and started using MFP when I reached 190 lbs a month ago. This is a great place to find new workout ideas, nutritional info, and friends :) I'll add you and we can motivate each other!
  • blink182_mouse
    blink182_mouse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I was over 200 I'm in the same boat as you. Let get eachother down to 150!!!
  • riskqueen
    Options
    Hey there, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Feel free to add me as a friend!! I'm looking for some supportive people so that we can motivate each other. That's the difference for me this time and it feels likes its working!:bigsmile:
  • chipchick
    chipchick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We sound very similar. I'll add you as a friend. I know we can both do this!
    :tongue:
  • surfinbernard
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's an excellent weight loss resource, equally as good and beter than most expensive diet clubs and it's free. You'll soon be shedding those pounds!

My top tip is: if you haven't already, get some digital kitchen scales to keep on top of portion sizes as the amount you can have as a serving is usually a lot smaller than most people think so the scales stop secret calories sneaking in and sabotaging your weight loss.

Good luck!
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 30s, 5'7 and a bit over 200lbs. We all know what you are going through. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need encouragement!