Eating when full?
Hi I’m Cynthia; 66 and have 35lbs to lose. I just finished a nice home cooked dinner. Immediately after I wanted something sweet but I’m FULL. HELP!
I didn’t eat anything yet but the desire comes and goes1
Hiawassee88 Posts: 33,225 MemberThrow your hands in the air and walk away. It's a summer evening so simply walk out your front door and go for a walk. Change your environment and flip the switch. You have 5 seconds before your brain will talk you out of it. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5......Go.
I find herbal teas/tisanes helpful for this. I make a big pot and sip on that. Some of the fruity ones are really quite sweet and scratch that itch, plus hydration.0
Sounds funny to me, but I eat one almond. Why does it satisfy me? I have absolutely no idea. I just know it does.1
Thinking it out - being aware that you want to eat but don't need to eat is a HUGE measure of progress. I have this issue at times - wanting to snack but not 'needing' food to satisfy an energy or hunger need. For me it is often a matter of boredom.
Try brushing your teeth. I do NOT want food for a bit after I've done that.0
I drink a Diet Coke when this happens. Or a glass of ice water. Often I’ll do that and chew peppermint gum.0
I have a lemon drop or cup of tea and pick up my knitting. It’s just a habit to keep eating when you know you are not hungry.0
i drink warm water or save 70 cal for a mini dove ice cream bite after dinner0
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.3K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 318 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.2K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 577 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.6K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions