Eating when full?

Options
Hi I’m Cynthia; 66 and have 35lbs to lose. I just finished a nice home cooked dinner. Immediately after I wanted something sweet but I’m FULL. HELP!

Replies

• cromeo26
    cromeo26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I didn’t eat anything yet but the desire comes and goes
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Throw your hands in the air and walk away. It's a summer evening so simply walk out your front door and go for a walk. Change your environment and flip the switch. You have 5 seconds before your brain will talk you out of it. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5......Go.

ih99zis1eqbq.png
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I find herbal teas/tisanes helpful for this. I make a big pot and sip on that. Some of the fruity ones are really quite sweet and scratch that itch, plus hydration.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Sounds funny to me, but I eat one almond. Why does it satisfy me? I have absolutely no idea. I just know it does.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Thinking it out - being aware that you want to eat but don't need to eat is a HUGE measure of progress. I have this issue at times - wanting to snack but not 'needing' food to satisfy an energy or hunger need. For me it is often a matter of boredom.

Try brushing your teeth. I do NOT want food for a bit after I've done that.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I drink a Diet Coke when this happens. Or a glass of ice water. Often I’ll do that and chew peppermint gum.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have a lemon drop or cup of tea and pick up my knitting. It’s just a habit to keep eating when you know you are not hungry.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i drink warm water or save 70 cal for a mini dove ice cream bite after dinner