Finally "Don't ask, Don't tell" repealed!!!

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
It's about time! I have several friends in the Armed services who are gay and now they don't have to hide it. So baffling on why your sexual orientation would cause an issue if you're doing your job and doing it right!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63962.html

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    \o/ \o/ \o/

awesome day!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    yay for the gays....

I am not gay, but i don't see why it would be such a big issue anyways....there are people in there that can say they have cheated on their wives *sin in the bible* have fornicated*sin against bible* or are a recovering addict *sin in the bible* why not be able to talk about being gay?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Sinners!!!!!!!!!!!

Jk. Hooray for equality!
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is very exciting! :D but I am sure this post is about to get deleted..... :(
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hooray!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    YES YES YESSS!!! It's about time we stepped out of the stone ages!! :bigsmile:
  • officernorton
    officernorton Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all of the LGBT people who have served our country and endured the suffering of silence. Congratulations on your liberation. Xo
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Posting my happiness before thread is deleted!!!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    In before deletion...

Anybody of appropriate health that wants to defend our country should be allowed to do so regardless of gender, ethnicty, or sexual preference.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! I can marry my bestie now and travel the world with her...I just have to get rid of her boyfriend...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is excellent.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yeah - it's more that some people don't want their parts exposed to a person (man or woman) who might be sexually attracted to them. That was one of the (many) issues of having women on Submarines. Close quarters, long periods of time, just kinda bound to happen. I know several women who met their husbands when they were both in the Navy together. Just as with any professional, high stress environment, as long as everyone is professional, gender, sexual orientation, etc shouldn't matter.

My Sailor doesn't really care what sexual orientation his fellow sailors are - and I'm not worried either. Hands off all around. He's mine. ;)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    In before it gets deleted to say HELL YEAH !!!!! Its about time!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    And people say MFP isn't supportive.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    About time too.... I am a *kitten* but was never attracted to the military. I do have friends who in days gone by were dishonourably discharged, disgraceful- those days are gone ! Yay!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    In before deletion...

Anybody of appropriate health that wants to defend our country should be allowed to do so regardless of gender, ethnicty, or sexual preference.

Amen. I sure as hell don't want to join the armed forces so anyone who does should be welcomed and appreciated.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Horray for gay!! Seriously about time this happened. now on to marriage in all 50 states

.... tic toc tic toc
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Horray for gay!! Seriously about time this happened. now on to marriage in all 50 states

yes please
  • adventuring
    Options
    Also putting in a "hooray!" before deletion!
This discussion has been closed.