Starting again!

Options
Hi all!
I'm back, totally disgusted on what I've let myself turn in to. I never thought I'd get this big! But, I'm back to change that. Any help or suggestions are welcomed!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community!

When it comes to advice, I'd start with this: For me, self-disgust wasn't very helpful (though I get why it happens). Getting healthier, including reaching a healthy weight, is a self kindness. It's hard to be kind to something that disgusts me, y'know? Even when I was obese, I could appreciate my body for the things it could do. Hard to be here in the world without it! 😉

Other than that, I think this post is a good on-ramp to using MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Don't let the joke-y title put you off, it's solid, sensible advice.

I used MFP to lose from obese to a healthy weight back in 2015-16, and have been at a healthy weight since. There are quite a few long-term successful people still here, and many read and post in the Community, so if you have questions or run into roadblocks, please do post specific questions. People here do sincerely try to help!

You may get many opinions - some of them even conflicting - when you ask. Different strategies work for different people, so you can get ideas from those diverse opinions, things that sound doable to you, and give them a test-drive. Keep asking questions, finding sustainable tactics that work for you, have patience, and you can get results. Wishing you success with that!
  • slschultz3
    slschultz3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What great advice, and the article in the link is pretty bang on too. Thanks for sharing.
    15822 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Looking forward to your first success post.
  • snossles
    snossles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im starting again too! Article was great to read, im one to "suffer alone" with my thoughts and weight struggles, I'm going to attempt to be more open this time around and reach out when needed. All the best with your journey!
  • 9bhtn65nzj
    9bhtn65nzj Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm back, totally disgusted on what I've let myself turn in to. I never thought I'd get this big! But, I'm back to change that. Any help or suggestions are welcomed!

Pls be kind to yourself and your mental health. Whatever the reasons behind your weight gain, and however much you are disappointed, start your weight loss journey with self love first. Best of luck to you and I hope you reach your goals. Xx
  • mnmoon1701
    mnmoon1701 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this feeling..I am in the exact same boat. I am going to add you as a friend so we can hold eachother accountable and cheer each other on! Don't give up, stay positive. You can do this!