I'm 19 years old. My height is 5'1 or 156cm. My weight is 53kg smthg. I'm 32-26-34. Is my body fine?

Options
Harshiiiiiiiiii
Harshiiiiiiiiii Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Do i need to change anything about my body?

Replies

• jcu888
    jcu888 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your height and weight indicate that you have a healthy BMI if that is what you mean but as the poster above states, posting online for validation like this is not a good idea.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,160 Member
    Options
    Because it's not up to us to judge you (and even if it were, we all have different tastes and preferences). It's about you and what you want.

If you want to change and you want to look better, then you already have the answer.
    The only possible pitfall is that you might have body dismorphia (how you view your own body could be worse than it actually is). And we cannot judge that from just some numbers you give us.
  • skellyc74
    skellyc74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What's wrong in posting online? I understand people may comment negative but i just want honest opinion. I want to change. I want to look better. I am not insecure or something.

The honest opinion is your stats are fine but who knows? You didn't ask for advice on losing body fat, putting on muscle etc. You don't give any info on your diet, exercise regime etc.
    Numbers on there own mean nothing.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    What's wrong in posting online? I understand people may comment negative but i just want honest opinion. I want to change. I want to look better. I am not insecure or something.

Because no one online lives your life. 🤷‍♀️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    If anyone gets an opinion, it's your doctor, and even then it's an advisory opinion, i.e., it's your decision.

At your age, it's common to lack confidence about one's body, partly because there's been so much change in our physicality over the preceding few years, partly because there are ridiculous levels of social pressure (often involving "influencers" who are carefully dressed, lit, pumped, made up, professionally photographed, then edited to pick "best" photos which are then photoshopped. IOW, even they don't look like that walking around in real life every day. It's a fake show.

Focus on health, energy level, being strong and physically capable, and the confidence will come along. Learn the wonderful things your body can do, and how great you can feel. Appearance will benefit from focusing on being/feeling capable and confident.

You're in a healthy range already, weight-wise. If you don't have an unusual body shape (super slight/tiny bones including pelvis and shoulders; or a more robust, muscular, broad build), then that kind of BMI should be fine. Exercise is good for health and appearance, so maybe think about some goals in that realm?
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I work with young people. Some years ago I spent an afternoon arguing with a group of girls around your age about whether or not Serena Williams was 'fat'.

I spent a long time explaining that if you are going to be phenomenal athlete and win Wimbledon that requires muscles. Muscles take up space. She was in perfect shape to achieve her goals.

It clearly wasn't what those girls considered to be ideal, but obviously that does not mean she's fat. I was trying to show them the difference between strong and skinny.

You're 19, if your body is healthy and does everything you want it to do, that's great. If it doesn't, have a think about what you would like to do (or look like) and train accordingly. That's the wonderful thing, you get to decide for yourself. Frankly anyone else (apart from your Dr) is irrelevant.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I work with young people. Some years ago I spent an afternoon arguing with a group of girls around your age about whether or not Serena Williams was 'fat'.

I spent a long time explaining that if you are going to be phenomenal athlete and win Wimbledon that requires muscles. Muscles take up space. She was in perfect shape to achieve her goals.

It clearly wasn't what those girls considered to be ideal, but obviously that does not mean she's fat. I was trying to show them the difference between strong and skinny.

You're 19, if your body is healthy and does everything you want it to do, that's great. If it doesn't, have a think about what you would like to do (or look like) and train accordingly. That's the wonderful thing, you get to decide for yourself. Frankly anyone else (apart from your Dr) is irrelevant.

That would drive me crazy. 😂😂
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

That would drive me crazy. 😂😂

Yeah, sometimes I just let things go. But felt this was important.
    Don't know if I convinced them or they just didn't want to set me off again, but it never came up again :D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    When I was 19 I had all kinds of wrong ideas.

I do recall thinking at the time that I had all the answers.

I definitely didn't spend any time on asking other people what I should do, though. As I said, I had all the answers.

@ Harshiiiiiiiiii - post up some pics.

*edit, aw,heck. This post was three days ago. What are the chances Harshiiiiiiiiii is still reading?...and there was an edit yesterday, presumably by moderators. What'd I miss?
  • tegeusCromis
    tegeusCromis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wonder what makes you ask your question. What observations have you made that bring your weight into question? Has someone said something to you? Did you see a picture of someone and compared yourself to it? Could there be some kind of depression at work?

You sound like you’re having self-worth questions. Have you thought about asking someone you trust? All we know about you is what you’ve written so we can only give general answers.

That being said, I think everyone here is willing to listen and give you support in whatever way we can.

Take care