Options
Grokette
Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
2065000120040669092S500x500Q85.jpg

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    She looks a little like Juliet from Lost.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    OMG soooooooo true, they told me to feed my daughter mcdonalds because shes underweight... um excuse me???
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know what to feed my child and no one can tell me to feed her crap! Small kid or not at least she eats healthy!
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They told you WHAT!?!?!?! That is insane. A child can gain wait a healthy way. Unreal.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know what to feed my child and no one can tell me to feed her crap! Small kid or not at least she eats healthy!

My son is a very picky eater. His doctor told me to basically starve him into eating. He now drinks pedia sure to make up for what he doesn't get with food.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :laugh: There is a huge difference between a nutritionist and and Registered Dietitian. So FWIW always seek out the R.d. It's a medical degree. :wink:
    I would NEVER recommend ANYONE eat Mcdonalds. :grumble:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Dietitians > Nutritionists.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options

They told me to fill my daughter up on butter and ice cream and such. Why so she can have a heart attack at 5?

I looked at a growth chart from 1972 and she is right in the middle, on the one today she is off the chart low. Crazy!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    O.o wow the McDonalds, butter, and ice cream is just crazy :O

glad im studying to be a dietitian xD haha
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    But syrup blend is so full of syruponium, the major building block of sweet moustaches.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX-ZzV4j0qIbbDvXwRpFyt1anAisZ2ASCAPIBv7VaRhkb7e0EOdCeaoBm9pQ
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options
    O.o wow the McDonalds, butter, and ice cream is just crazy :O

glad im studying to be a dietitian xD haha

Hey me too! :drinker:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    When my sister was younger my parents were told to feed her milkshakes & stuff everyday because she was so small. How not fair for her chubby sister! And she's still tiny to this day 98 lbs at 5'2" a lot of good those milkshakes did :grumble:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im confused whats the point here?
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be so sure that an R.D. is much better. Most doctors will tell you whatever the Merck's Physician's Desk Reference tells them. Anyone that doesn't see what's wrong with a drug company writing the reference books and telling the doctor what to prescribe is likely missing a lot more of those fine details in life...

Anyways, the body doesn't lie. Eat something, and then pay attention to how it feels 30 minutes later. There is a reason most people get a stomach ache after downing a couple of packs of Little Debbie's Swiss Cake Rolls. It's the bodies way of saying "hey, what the heck are you doing to me?!" Trust your own body above all else.

I wonder how McDonalds even came out of his or her mouth with a straight face.
  • Grokette
    Options

They told me to fill my daughter up on butter and ice cream and such. Why so she can have a heart attack at 5?

I looked at a growth chart from 1972 and she is right in the middle, on the one today she is off the chart low. Crazy!

Actually saturated fat is NOT unhealthy - but I don't understand why they would say to feed her fat when usually the more fat one eats the more the body burns.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

Agree they were always telling me to make my son eat more as he was a low weight, but I just don't believe in force feeding kids, he always ate when he was hungry and stopped when he was full. He is now a healthy 6 foot 18 year old who will never have weight problems, because he has a healthy relationship with food unlike his mum who can eat for England hungry or not. Sometimes us mums know what we are doing. :drinker:
  • Grokette
    Options

Ummm, it was funny and sadly true....................
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

That syrup is bad. Or something.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

okie dokie,over my head since I could not care less about nutritionists
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options

okie dokie,over my head since I could not care less about nutritionists

Then why look at the thread? Why?