Does anyone else HATE...

Options

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. It almost bugs me as much as: "How do you like them apples". :grumble:

I never got that saying. :embarassed: WTH did apples have to do with anything??

I know. My dh uses it all the time. Maybe that's why I hate it. :ohwell:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    Yes, it does. It almost bugs me as much as: "How do you like them apples". :grumble:

I hear ya I like melons:laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad::laugh: :sad:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Wait, that phrase is from GoodWill Hunting, right?
    I've never seen it.
    Don't they explain it in the movie???
  • pfeif21
    pfeif21 Posts: 27
    Options
    ill tell you what i hate... i hate when you a. bring something healthy to work for lunch or b. order something healthy at a restaurant and when people that are NOT healthy or (thin even) try to make comments to make you feel guilty for eating healthy. like your taking a dig at other peoples lunches by bringing something healthy. its extremely annoying not to mention--its actually one of the reasons i gained a few lbs is by letting those people get to my mental choices!
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That quote was actually used alot by people who were "pro-ana". Back when I was in high school I used to starve myself to lose weight and I would always go to pro ana chatrooms and websites that give you tips, "thinspiration" photos, and quotes.

I def. don't do that anymore!

But yea..that quote was used by/for "pro-anorexics."
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    The saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"? For some reason unbeknownst to me, that saying just totally irks me. I've been seeing it everywhere lately. Does anyone else feel like this? :explode:

I completely agree. Skinny people are tough and chewy.

Wait....I think I read that wrong.

:embarassed:

I :heart: that Hartkid :wink:

Oh gosh. :blushing:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    That quote was actually used alot by people who were "pro-ana". Back when I was in high school I used to starve myself to lose weight and I would always go to pro ana chatrooms and websites that give you tips, "thinspiration" photos, and quotes.

:laugh: :laugh:
    Sorry, when I started reading I was like, "WTH is a pro-ana?" Then my mind went to the NRA... :laugh: :laugh: I got ya though... I've run into a few sites like that when doing research in college...scary stuff. :noway:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

yep, that's true. But it is also used by A LOT of MFP members. I hope they are not subscribing to those types of websites too.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Why am I ALWAYS the corny dork??????????????? LOL!!

This is what makes you so lubbable :smooched: (lubbable....that just sounds wierd :laugh: )
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    The saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"? For some reason unbeknownst to me, that saying just totally irks me. I've been seeing it everywhere lately. Does anyone else feel like this? :explode:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

You're my favorite

You've got to be my favorite Lauryn1981 ever. :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

You're my favorite

Heaven help us if there were 2 of her!
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options

I didn't realize that...makes sense though now I think about it.

I much prefer "Nothing tastes as good as Healthy feels':heart::wink:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

I don't like connecting a negative action (not eating) with being healthy/skinny/not-obese, etc...
    Healthy - to me - tastes wonderful :laugh: (the healthy food that is, not healthy people :wink: )

My favorite quote is: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly Plants. (Pollan)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

I don't like connecting a negative action (not eating) with being healthy/skinny/not-obese, etc...
    Healthy - to me - tastes wonderful :laugh: (the healthy food that is, not healthy people :wink: )

My favorite quote is: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly Plants. (Pollan)

Yes, SCORE.
    Chocolate is TOTALLY a plant. :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

You're my favorite

Heaven help us if there were 2 of her!

ROFL :laugh:
    Can I get an AMEN!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

i cant believe they even HAVE chatrooms for that. that really is terrible and i am glad you have changed your ways. :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

i cant believe they even HAVE chatrooms for that. that really is terrible and i am glad you have changed your ways. :flowerforyou:

Oh yeah, there is a following and everything.
    The images are pretty.... graphic (not even sure if that is the right word to use).
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes, SCORE.
    Chocolate is TOTALLY a plant. :bigsmile:

You are absolutely right! It's a bean, yeah?? :wink:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

Wait, that phrase is from GoodWill Hunting, right?
    I've never seen it.
    Don't they explain it in the movie???

Isn't there a point in the movie where Matt's character talks about "going out for a cup of caramels?" since going out for coffee is just as ambiguous?

Sorry a bit off topic.

I don't like that "skinny feels" saying either. I think its because it seems to imply one or the other. And I agree that skinny isn't the goal, healthy is :smile:

One more off topic thing -- what is dh? sahm? I know the h=husband and m=mother, but all these acronyms are driving me nuts. We need a glossary:laugh: