New not New, from Toronto

Options
in 2014 I joined at end of January a month into Atkins with a goal of losing 45 lbs , by august i was mostly there, by September I was cycling 18km uphill to work...the new job proved to be the beginning of my downfall since the provided food was not that healthy, still, it was a slow creep, then in summer 16 i had an Achilles tendon injury that really killed my level of active, walking never mind running or using the machines at the gym became a challenge. i got more sedentary, and it dragged on and on (all through 17 and on and off in 18 and even now flares up) 2018 I had emergency surgery and lost 20" of the small intestine ... but i didn't die so that was good. then i developed gall bladder issues...not so much fun, pure agony in fact. finally, on November 18 i had it out. I coasted through 19 and finally in November rejoined the Y when I was at 241 lbs. my heaviest ever. slowly I am getting some level of fitness back, i turn 60 this July and intend to be under 200, waited to change diet until Christmas season was over, this week officially began to focus on a keto/low carb/ Atkins regime. I know there will be breaks in it (in February I am in Mexico for 12 days I am pretty sure I will slip somewhat, though not at a resort so easier to avoid just feasting...I logged yesterday to begin again at 237, I am going to try and focus more on fitness and pay less attention to yoyo scale so will weigh once a week I think (I was a little fanatical previously ;) feel free to add me it's always nice to have others on the journey to inspire each other

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Yay welcome fellow Torontonian. Good luck with your progress
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Completely derailed by Covid i am back. starting at 220 have dropped a couple of easily shed pounds in a week I did manage to stay on track even in mexico, but then no excercisee to speak of and losing site of goals due to other things led me back. still not back at the gym as I have a new dog who I walk 2-3 hours a day