What works best for you?

Options
What Diet and Exercise plan works best for you??

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Staying within my goals. I don't exercise.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I have tried a ton of diets and exercise plans probably more then 30 and weight watchers and myfitnesspal work the best. I would stick with what myfitnesspal recommends calorie wise and try to exercise as much as possible
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I feel like the calories that I'm allowed to eat and still lose weight are not enough so I exercise almost every day and eat back most of the calories.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't really diet, I just pay attention. If I have three beers and a piece of cake, then i make sure to add an extra mile....with exercise I mix it up all the time, I run, I pole dance, I spin, I go a round with the heavy bag, I lift weights, etc. the variety keeps me going.
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Moderate exercise at least 5 days a week. Doing my absolute darndest to eat well more often than not. Not drinking too much alcohol as this kills my will power to eat well, if I have a couple of drinks I tend to eat everything in sight. Now that is a tough call for a winemaker!
  • BanderaOutlaw
    Options
    I follow the slow-carb diet and exercises Tim Ferriss writes about in Four Hour Body. They've done wonders for me, only diet I've ever stuck with, and the results come fast enough to keep me motivated. MFP tracking definitely helps to stay on top of my calories!
  • Randommongol
    Randommongol Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am concentrating on calories only. I am getting on my treadmill for no less than 15min at least 4 times per week. One day I only got 20 minues in. It is working great! I have only been doing this for a week (no more than a week and a half) and I have lost 7lbs. Yes, I know the weight loss will slow down but this is showing me that it is working.

No more fad diets for me. I am making smarter choices and I am full almost constantly! I am denying myself nothing and logging everything. I don't feel like I am "dieting". I feel like I am making better choices.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I just make sure that I don't eat more than I burn whether I exercise or not. I don't follow any diets by the way, my only diets are avoiding as much as possible (note AVOID & not ELIMINATE because its completely impossible to do it) sodas including diet sodas, sugary drinks, ice creams, processed foods, junk foods & anything that my body doesn't need.

EDIT: And of course I always make sure to eat breakfast (heavy breakfast to be exact) no matter if I wake up 6:00AM or 11:00AM, to normalize my system. Because whenever I skip breakfast, my body keeps on craving for food even if I have eaten a big lunch. And I stay as active as I can even on my workout rest day. I make sure to get my daily dose of non-exercise activities. An hour of exercise is nothing if you remain sedentary for the next 23 hours.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Eating healthy small portion meals, make my lunch the biggest meal( I can't really do that lately I eat less lol), avoid sugar and salt as much as I could( I am actually really avoiding 99%) drinking 64 oz of water at least ( I also drink 33.8fl oz of green tea a day), workout at least an hour each day( I workout 6 times a week, Sunday is my rest day, but still walking an hour).
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I mainly concentrate on my calorie intake......
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Try to stay under my calories for the day and try to go to the gym every day (i take saturday and sunday off) -- I'm focusing on strength training and running right now - I'm in week two of C25K and loving it.
  • jeffwaller3
    Options
    There are a lot of diet and exercise plan that is available anywhere. Before starting dieting and losing weight, first we need to set a goal first. Once we set the goal we have to have the determination to complete it. In losing weight we need to know our metabolism first. If our metabolism is slow, there are foods that increase metabolism, which really helps.

http://www.weightlosingportal.com/foods-that-increase-metabolism/
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    High-Intensity intervals on an elliptical was always my exercise of choice. Easy on the knees, short workout time, only 2-3x a week, great results.

Look into hiit if you're unfamiliar. A lot more effective then regular cardio.
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm also a HIIT fan, great results and it's fun, too!

otherwise, I get bored easy so I'm always trying new routines to keep it interesting. right now I'm doing the program over at onehundredpushups.com. I'm doing their push ups, sit ups, and squats plans. it's fun, actually!

food wise? I've been trying for awhile and there's just no quick fix. I like the ideas in the Cinch Diet, but it's pretty much the same stuff everyone tells us, put into a formula. I do no grains at all, high lean protein, high healthy fats, and pretty much however much veggies I want, with a little fruit here and there. makes me feel great.
  • Darkness2120
    Options
    Track my macros and micros daily, and intense bodybuilding/powerlifting 4-5x a week. 3 liters of water daily. bout it really.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Currently, Zig Zag dieting, with daily exercise. I do 200 calories woth of DDR everyday (****s intense), then on weekends I do hockey and karate.