WOW!! What a past 6 weeks it's been!! It's been so HARD and YET!!

Options
Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,109 Member
My name is Diane, I am in my 60s living in Maine.

I am a leader on the 2022 Fall 5% Challenge team. Of course a member also.

I've had as many do several health problems that run side by side as if one is trying to outpace the other one. But this is NOT a sad post, its one to say no matter what we go through, we CAN GET THROUGH IT!

On May 4th I had foot surgery, on the 15th I knew it was infected. I was in the hospital for a week, at first with a fever and my bloodwork was a mess, the infection went into the bone. During that week the long bone leading to the baby toe was removed, previously the surgery on the 4th of May the small bone from the knuckle in the baby toe had been. I also in 2016 had the big toe amputated, also because of a bone infection.

During these past 6 weeks, I ended up in the hospital again. If you ever end up with a roommate it can be very challenging!! I had on the way down from the heart floor (Which they had stabilized) was joking around with the 2 girls doing the transfer, they enjoyed it so much when I said "Oh PLEASE DO NOT Put me in a room with a roommate who complains all the time screaming "HELP ME!!" "HELP ME!" of course I was doing it so they were laughing so hard. SUDDENLY I wasn't going to the room I had been assigned, but a different one. The lady was as I am a positive person. We had the staff laughing so much, they came in break for a good time! Oh we were both quite sick, but we'd not lost our humor!! At home, I had a Picc line for 6 weeks, it looked like the bone infection may of been cured. WELL until last weekend, its not. Now I am on an oral double antibiotic.

The 2022 Summer 5% Challenge has been in FULL SWING. As a leader,, does that mean I did nothing? NAH!! As sick as I was/am, I can do small movements ,,, small walks,, on my worse of days, I'll lay back. On my almost as worse of days, I'll do stretches. I've been able THANKS SO MUCH to my teammates NOT give in the emotions /fear I've been feeling (I can lose my foot/leg). Let's face it when we are upset we WANT COMFORT FOOD!!

I've learned so much from my teammates and them from me. Would you like to belong to a team this supportive? Caring? Encouraging?

Come and join us on the 2022 Fall 5% Challenge!! WHAT is this challenge?
Join this supportive team and let's have fun as we lose 5% of our weight, make new friends and improve our health! Race to Fascinating Places for 8 Weeks. JOIN us to write your own success story!

My success story? SO FAR despite ALL of this I am down 4 lbs from 173 to 169!! I am so pleased!! Without this NO DOUBT I'd of gone HOG WILD!!

You can write your OWN SUCCESS story too!!

Here's the link:

After you hit JOIN please read over the
💡💡Start Here Team Choice - You Must Choose a Team💡💡

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143596-2022-fall-5-challenge-team-plz-join-us

PS: In the time I've been on the 5% Challenge I've LOST 119 lbs!! From 288 to 169 (LOL if you saw any other posts I've done recently LOL I forgot to subtract that extra lbs). Life is so much easier.

Replies

• mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Glad you're on the mend. When I was losing weight, I broke my ankle (2012) and the fact that I was serious about my health and eating right most of the time I didn't gain (had lost about 40 lbs by that time) while I was wearing the boot and not walking. Once I was up I just kept going! We can all do it!
    Yay for you.

Your success is inspiring!
  • GSPsnBees
    GSPsnBees Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Diane, I'm so sorry you ended up with foot issues and infection again. I was one of the Underdawgs in Spark back during your initial surgery. I'm so glad you're healing and keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics cure your infection and that it's gone for good. Wishing you the best during the fall challenge and onward.

Meg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    mjglantz wrote: »
    Glad you're on the mend. When I was losing weight, I broke my ankle (2012) and the fact that I was serious about my health and eating right most of the time I didn't gain (had lost about 40 lbs by that time) while I was wearing the boot and not walking. Once I was up I just kept going! We can all do it!
    Yay for you.

Your success is inspiring!

That's AWESOME!!! TY TY TY TY!! I've learned so much from those who do not quit!! You are AMAZING!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    GSPsnBees wrote: »
    Diane, I'm so sorry you ended up with foot issues and infection again. I was one of the Underdawgs in Spark back during your initial surgery. I'm so glad you're healing and keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics cure your infection and that it's gone for good. Wishing you the best during the fall challenge and onward.

Meg

HI Meg!! Aww Hey, NICE to see you again!!! We are here, the link is up above if you'd like to play on the 5% again. You'll see quite a few you knew back when. I am sad to say that MaryAnn(gi) was in a car accident, a totally freak one she passed away Aug 27, 2020. As you may of known (I am not sure what your SN was?) she and I were very good friends. When we moved the 5% Challenge over to MFP as Sparks closed, we went form 12 teams to 8 teams. So we renamed the 8 teams. Many of the Dawgs did come over, and are with us, we are now the team of: Positively Strong 4 Life. Our team is almost full for the Fall challenge, but the others are open. There are many members Marg, I'm sure you'd recognize.

Here's the link so you don't have to go up to my post, its up to you, but well remember the Dawgs motto? Its still the same spirit "Once a Dawg, ALWAYS A DAWG!!"

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143596-2022-fall-5-challenge-team-plz-join-us

TY TY TY TY Marg for reading my post!!! I can't believe I am going through this AGAIN, but it's not like it's a choice. THANKFULLY this time I know the steps. Before I wasn't facing the loss of a limb, I am this time, but!!! We know I DO NOT QUIT and there are so many other things that could so much worse. Let's giving life a great go around it's still fun in so many aspects.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options
    Working together and leaning on teammates is what the 5% Challenges is all about. We care, we share, we succeed together!
  • GSPsnBees
    GSPsnBees Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    GSPsnBees wrote: »

Meg

HI Meg!! Aww Hey, NICE to see you again!!! We are here, the link is up above if you'd like to play on the 5% again. You'll see quite a few you knew back when. I am sad to say that MaryAnn(gi) was in a car accident, a totally freak one she passed away Aug 27, 2020. As you may of known (I am not sure what your SN was?) she and I were very good friends. When we moved the 5% Challenge over to MFP as Sparks closed, we went form 12 teams to 8 teams. So we renamed the 8 teams. Many of the Dawgs did come over, and are with us, we are now the team of: Positively Strong 4 Life. Our team is almost full for the Fall challenge, but the others are open. There are many members Marg, I'm sure you'd recognize.

Here's the link so you don't have to go up to my post, its up to you, but well remember the Dawgs motto? Its still the same spirit "Once a Dawg, ALWAYS A DAWG!!"

TY TY TY TY Marg for reading my post!!! I can't believe I am going through this AGAIN, but it's not like it's a choice. THANKFULLY this time I know the steps. Before I wasn't facing the loss of a limb, I am this time, but!!! We know I DO NOT QUIT and there are so many other things that could so much worse. Let's giving life a great go around it's still fun in so many aspects.

Oh Diane, I am so sorry to hear about MaryAnn. Your news is the latest of many recent reminders for me that life is so fragile. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. She was an amazing force on Spark and I know that you guys were so close.

I was dog_mom on Spark. I'm going to pass on this round of the 5% challenge, the way that I'm doing my weight loss journey right now wouldn't be much help landing the plane. But it's working for me at the moment and I'm down 62 lbs. I'll come on back when I reach maintenance because I'm sure that I'll need the support that the 5% community provides.
  • misslorij3440
    misslorij3440 Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Dearest Diane! You and your feet! It seems like they were creating problems for you in my first Spirited Underdog challenge and they have been off and since! As a member of the 5% here on MFP, I am so inspired by your terrific consistency regardless of life’s challenges. Thank you for sharing your journey, in spite of the trials. Unlike you, my life losing weight has hit a plateau again, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! Slow but steady, it will happen for both of us!
  • Steeperslounge
    Steeperslounge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the four-pound loss. I can relate to your story as in 2010 I damaged both legs on the same day and required six surgeries to walk again. It was one of the most challenging times of my life. You got this!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Congratulations on the four-pound loss. I can relate to your story as in 2010 I damaged both legs on the same day and required six surgeries to walk again. It was one of the most challenging times of my life. You got this!

WOW!! You have a TON OF COURAGE!!! WOW!!! Have you joined the challenge? Clearly you are motivated! WOW OH WOW!! We are a very supportive team.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!