Too many rules!!

Options
ok i'm in a slump. my body does not want to move passed 180. so, i'm going to give in to everyone and eat my exercise calories. BUT it's 8:56 pm (u.s. central time), i have 330 calories remaining and i was going to do a yoga dvd right now. i'm not supposed eat after 7 --- right??

HELP! what do i do??

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Who says you can't eat after 7???
    I think you've been paying too much attention to Oprah.

Don't stress about it, that's a myth. Eat when it fits into your schedue and stop when you've had enough to be healthy.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    perhaps wait til tomorrow to eat your exercise calories... eating after 8:30 can be counter-productive... maybe just a light healthy snack tonight...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter when you eat (that's pretty much a myth), but yeah, trying to eat another 500 calories right now would be hard. Eat what you can and do better tomorrow.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think it matters what time of day you eat your calories. Especially if they are healthy, quality calories. I wouldn't worry about the time of day. Total calories for the 24 hour period is what I do.
  • kellywaller1
    Options
    can't see your diary, maybe you just need some adjustments.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    just don't eat and go straight to bed. It all depends on your schedule!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure the not eating after 7 at night has become a myth and no longer applies. Sometime around the time they linked weight loss to getting enough sleep it was determined that it no longer applies because your body actually burns calories while you sleep.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    That depends on your body and your schedule. Honestly, changing up anything will help your body cross that plateau. It just needs to be recharged. It wont hurt to eat later than 7 here or there and it really all depends on your schedule.

I don't normally eat my first meal until 5pm! I wake up at about 2-3pm, go to work (maybe have a snack before I get there) and enjoy my first munchies. I dont get home till after four am, so I eat all the way up until 2-3am sometimes. Having a number like that will vary for you! Besides, I hit my first plateau, took a break from dieting and within a week of returning moved past it. Breaking some of the rules might be just what your body needs!

If you want to stick to the 7pm thing, you can always eat some extra calories tomorrow and make note of it.
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    I burn 184 calories an hour in my sleep.... it doesn't matter when you eat unless you have the tendency to have digestive or acid reflux issues and even in that case just eating lightly and healthfully. If you are hungry eat. If you aren't don't. Stress is counter productive to losing weight too :) Keep it simple!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of peanut butter would fit the bill!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I agree with Rubybelle, Too many rules. You exercise when you can, and make wise food choices. This is a journey and there are learning curves on journeys. You will figure out what works for you! I bounce between 126- 130. Eventually it will stay closer to the 125. Could I eat cleaner? probably. Could I exercise more? Definitely! Can I live life!Absolutely. Moderation is the key! You are in the right spot for support, just stick with it!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming per day?
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The time of day you eat does not matter. Eat!
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i had my base goal at 1200 calories a day. sometimes i would get there, sometimes i would have 1250 but i hardly would go over. (except my birthday...that was a whole lotta calories!) i would NEVER eat my exercise calories, but i see everyone recommending it. so i'm giving it a try since ive been at 180 for a couple weeks now. and my body is just not reacting to the exercise and calories the way it was...

i guess that 7 o clock thing is a myth-- dang Oprah. :P i'm going to do my yoga dvd and do better tomorrow. thanks so much everyone for your input!!
  • deeutz68
    Options
    Not sure about the myth thing of eating after 7pm, but my doctor told me not to eat with in so 2 hours of bedtime because it supposedly interfers with REM sleep. Not sure if he was telling me a myth or not, but it was on all the literature he gave me. Personally I think if you are only eating 1200 calories and exercising sounds like you aren't eating enough for your size and activity level. Sounds like something I would normally do in the past. Hopefully you can get it straightened out.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    No such rule. Some of my best food is eaten at night....
  • arispawild
    Options
    Dude. If I didn't eat at night, I'd have starved to death by now.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Eat more throughout the day. If you want an example look at my diary, I eat back most of my calories and average a loss of 10 lbs a month.