Hi, I'm new

Options
Hi all! I'm Val...new here. Trying (yet again) to get back on track and get healthy, feel better...all that jazz 😉. I'm 46, stay at home Mom to a 13yo adorable, horrible teen 🤣😭, also disabled (back issues). I had Gastric Sleeve surgery in 2015, it went great, lost almost 100lbs....have since gained it back + more for many reasons; aging, menopause, meds, pandemic, no will power, bad eating habits, and a partner that wants to make me happy (with pastries)...so, here I am again, trying to be better, get better... starting off super 🦥 slow 😊
Thanks to anyone who has read my dissertation, lol.
V

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi Val! Welcome to MyFitnessPal 👋
  • Cecyyaya
    Cecyyaya Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Betty,

I am in the same boat. Lots of illness but a history of overeating. I am starting over too and its hard. I am menopausal and it shows in my belly. We need to give ourselves some slack, we can forgive ourselves and start over. This time I want to eat and be mindful of how it affects every part of my life. Lets focus on today because we can't undo yesterday and tomorrow has not happened. Enjoy your life and this voyage toward health.
  • Valentina_99v
    Valentina_99v Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Val,

Thanks for sharing your story. I’m also starting over too. I gained all the weight I lost back over Covid. Determined to start a new chapter tho so I’m back on this platform and ready to get healthy!

Good luck on your journey 😀💪🏼 You can do it!
  • rachelscu
    rachelscu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Val, trying to lose about 150lbs. Hopefully we can both get done momentum going :)
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve surgery Feb 2018. Lost over 100# but have gained back most of it. Looking to get back on track. Feel freel to add me
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My story is on my profile and in the “introduce myself” section. Thanks for sharing your story. If interested, would love to be your friend. - Jacki916W