Messed up

Options
I just had 640 calories worth of cookies within 10 minutes. I feel very guilty and ashamed. How do I move forward and recover?

Replies

• Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I’ll just add, my son makes THE most amazing chocolate chip cookie calorie bombs known to man. 3 of them will beat your 640 calories hands down. I will eat them, enjoy them, log them, and move on, guilt free.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Log them and learn.

What caused the issue?

Did you undereat previously to the point you had no willpower left? Were you upset and you ate them for comfort? Was it that time of the month and you were hangry?

Figure out the underlying issue and then make plans for how to deal with that issue better next time.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Throw the rest out, and then don't do it tomorrow. But you've gotta forgive yourself and not make a big deal out of it, 'cuz it's really not. You can easily make the deficit in, say, a day.
  • paradelac
    paradelac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work nights at a Hospital and patients family alway get the staff pastries and chocolate. I did the same thing with the cookies and felt the same way. I look at it this way, I did it, there is nothing I can do about it accept the food choice. Make a better decision next time. Let it just roll off you back! Good luck friend. You can do it!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do the next right thing.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I went to Toronto with my friends recently for 4 days and ate/drank everything in sight, including Popeyes Chicken at 2am two night in a row. I'm also now down 98 pounds. It's not that big of a deal. Trust me. You just move on.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Yesterday is gone. Forget it.
    Tomorrow is a dream. Dream of how good it will be when you achieve your goals.
    Now is the only time you can control. How can you minimize the damage without putting yourself into a yo-yo situation?

How much is your built in deficit? Subtract that amount from 640. That’s your real damage for weight loss purposes. For instance, if you are cutting 500 calories a day to lose one pound a week, 640 - 500 = 140 calories over maintenance. 140/3500=.04 pound. Do you really want to be mad at yourself for .04 pound?
    If your deficit is 1000 calories a day to lose 2 pounds, you’ll still lose weight, just not as much today as some days.

Learn from it. What can you do to avoid it recurring?
  • lifesnotfare1
    lifesnotfare1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It was a Crumbl cookie wasn't it.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    instead of hating yourself, remember the cookie fondly and get back to your calorie goal tomorrow. do not punish yourself and lower tomorrows calories because of your choice