Women 200lb+, Let's Be Sensational This September!!!

Options
RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
edited August 2022 in Motivation and Support
🍁Happy September, ladies!🍁

🍂What are your goals for this month and do you have any big plans for fall? Is there anything you're looking forward to over the next few months or, conversely, anything you're worried about?

🍁 Summer wrap up: How was this summer for you? Did you accomplish what you'd set out to? Were there any great triumphs or any stumbling blocks?

🔴 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

🔴 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🔴 All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🔴 Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🍂Let's be sensational and spark change this September!🍂

Replies

• ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well Happy Sept.
    I did my weigh in this morning..down 6lbs for the week. Yeah I am shocked as well. My goal was 1-2lbs .

Highest weight 308
    SW 289
    CW 222
    First Goal Weight 200

My goal this month is simply to meal prep, be mindful of food decisions and focus on effective strength training sessions.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Linda
    39 years old….only for 30 more days
    5’7”
    SW: 300 lbs (2009)
    July 1 Weight: 230.6 – I didn’t weigh for most of July or at all in Aug. I knew that life was getting crazy and took a break from worrying about everything with vacations, back to school, etc.
    CW: 233 (9/1) Only up 2.4 lbs after all the crazy for 2 months. That’s not horrible at all!
    Lowest Previous Weight: 195 (2020)

My official weigh day is usually Saturday morning so I’ll probably re-weigh on Saturday and hope that number goes down for my “official” start weight for the month is closer to July…. But we’ll see. Either way I know I want to be sure my A1C is under control before seeing the new doctor in November so I can’t do too much crazy eating if I want that to be in good shape.

Goals for this month: Stay on track and only “cheat” two days this month… which will be hard since it’s my birthday month. I’m celebrating my 40th birthday and my friends are throwing me a party on Oct 1 (my birthday is the 30th) so right now my fall plans are just to celebrate and enjoy a new decade. That and trying to hit my Zumba class at least twice a week.

Summer went by WAY TOO FAST but I’m also so glad to have kids back in school. I definitely am able to accomplish more for work and even exercise on my breaks better when I’m not being asked for things all day long.

@RavenStCloud Thank you again for this thread! It is the best.

@CupcakeCrusoe Busy! Congrats on hitting the August goal though. Enjoy Disney!!!!
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Reintroducing myself: My name is Bonnie. I’m 33, dog mom to a rambunctious Chiweenie, and aunt helping raise my two youngest nephews (11 & 10). I deal with chronic illnesses and pain, which I hope that weight loss and exercising will help.

I weigh in on Mondays.

Started 2/5/22
    SW: 288.8
    CW: 249.8 (-39)
    GW for September: 243

8/29: 249.8
    9/5:
    9/12:
    9/19:
    9/26:

Goals for September:

🍎 Keep eating 4-5 fruits and veggie servings per day, at least 5 days a week
    🧘🏼‍♀️ Work up to 4-5 minutes at a time doing Leslie Sansone workouts by the end of the month if able to
    👩‍⚕️ Have my rheumatologist and dentist appointments
    🛋 Keep up with therapy and going in person as much as possible
    ⬇️ Lose 5 pounds (I’ll be happy with any loss though)

I went MIA a lot in August. I hope to be more present this month and also more successful with weight loss.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: 245.6 current scale weighs me 6 lbs heavier than old one so not sure about how much I have lost.
    Next Goal weight: 220 (how much I got down to the last time I lost a significant amount on MFP)
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 (healthy weight) then reconsider
    Sept GW: Get to low 240s or into the 230s and stay in them

I post weigh- in when I lose.
    8/3 (August low): 244.4
    8/31 244.6
    9/1: 245.2 we went out to dinner to celebrate that I am the top job candidate for 2 jobs and that our grandson is home from the hospital now. My calories were down for the day but the salt was probably quite high.

🍂What are your goals for this month and do you have any big plans for fall? Is there anything you're looking forward to over the next few months or, conversely, anything you're worried about?
    I think I will be transitioning from being unemployed to working fulltime. This has always been an issue for weight for me. I usually get busy and don’t log or adjust to a more sedentary life. However recently it has been hard to get exercise in anyway. I will have about 2 weeks free from job search before starting. I want to focus on my health. I have gone or arranged all my health related appointments except for 1 which I want to do before going back to work. We plan to go visit our new grandson in December. I am really thinking about whether we should start up our Y membership and try getting in some aquafit. Our COVID rates have gone down for now.

🍁 Summer wrap up: How was this summer for you? Did you accomplish what you'd set out to? Were there any great triumphs or any stumbling blocks?
    I have made slow but steady progress this summer and recently picked up my weight loss pace a bit. I expected to get more regular exercise and did when I could but there were weeks when I couldn’t or wouldn’t do all my planned walks.

🌻 SEPTEMBER GOALS! 🌻
    🟨 Log daily on MFP and track on my spreadsheet
    🟨 Keep making progress with walking longer and walk 6 days a week
    🟨 Add strength training (weights, body weight and stretching)
    🟨 plan and cook healthy meals at home
    🟨 Eat at a sensible deficit
    🟨 Drink plenty of water and get enough sleep

@RavenStCloud Thank you for this thread!
    @CupcakeCrusoe congrats on making your August goal and it looks like there is a lot of room between you September goal weight and making good progress.
    @ktilton70130 looks like focusing on just a few things is working for you
    @pamperedlinny I hope things settle down a bit this month
    @bonniemcc4 Yes August was busy and hope to see you more here this month
    @kenziestabes Lots of events and lots of goals this month but you can do it.
    @hap2go Sorry you got COVID and have so much to do. Hope this month goes well.
    @justanotherloser007 hope this is a great month for you.

• RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! Happy Fall!!!

My goals are really, really simple this month because summer got away from me.

🍁Record all my food
    🍁Do the 2x daily exercises that my physical therapist recommends
    🍁Post on here twice a week

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

First, Friday weigh in day, lol.

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    UGW: 150

SW 9/1: 182.2
    9/2: 180.8 (-1.4 lbs)
    9/9:
    9/16:
    9/23:
    9/30:

🍁 September Goals! 🍁

🍂 September GW: 179

🔴Log everything in grams ✅
    🔴Do at least three pole classes a week ✅
    🔴More than 100g protein every day ✅
    🔴 No doomscrolling after 7PM each night ✅
    🔴 At least 64oz of water a day ✅

I ended up cancelling on the gym yesterday. I had been up since 230 with the baby, and the last thing I wanted was to be out and about at 8 at night that night. Turns out based on this weigh in that was a good decision. I feel much better this morning.

My mom was attempting to guilt me into making the 2-3 hour drive up to see her before disney, until I told her that 1) this weekend is getting the kids ready for school, 2) next weekend is getting ready for disney, and 3) the weekend after that is leaving for disney, lol. She had all summer, it is too close now to do stuff like drive three hours away and lose a day or two to socializing. No time!

The showcase in front of my gym is one week away today, oof. I don't know if I'll ever feel ready, but this week I'm going to run my routine through at least once a day, and figure out wtf I'm wearing, lol.

Pizza and beer tonight, cannot wait.

Tag party time!
    @ktilton70130 holy carp, 6 lbs this week! Nice whoosh!

@pamperedlinny that's pretty decent weight maintenance! It'll be good to walk in that doctor's office in november knowing you've brought down your A1C, so that's god motivation, right there.

@bonniemcc4 good to see you again, hope you are taking good care of yourself outside weight loss as well. I know you can do the weight loss thing, you absolutely have been putting the right habits in place.

@kenziestabes sounds like you've got a really fun month planned!

@hap2go hi! welcome back! Scuba certification sounds so awesome and cool! And dealing with your parents' stuff, so stressful. You can do tough things. :heart:

@justanotherloser007 good to see you around again, and you take great pictures at every weight, those adventures look so fun!

@KeriA so glad to hear you're the top candidate for 2 different jobs and that your grandson is home from hospital, that is all great news!

@RavenStCloud I forgot to thank you for the thread this month, thank you for starting it, as always. And I hope to see you around more often, I know life happens.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png
    15822 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    🍁Happy September, ladies!🍁

SW: 100.9 kg (220.5 lbs)
    Today: 94.0 kg (207.3 lbs)
    GW: 65 kg (143 lbs)

🍂Here are my plans for September:
    Celebrate my birthday in 2 weeks.
    Get my head back in the game in grad school - I've been in a slump for the last few weeks, but I'm trying to harness back-to-school energy to build a better work schedule.
    Shrink out of the 200+ club by end of October.
    Cycle 400 KM per month.
    Lift weights at least once a week.

🍁 Summer wrap up:
    I started my weight loss streak in June and it has been rewarding so far. Coincidentally I bought a new bike about 2 weeks after I started logging my food and it's been a great combination. I cannot see any differences yet, but I am definitely going up stairs with less effort and my resting heart rate is down 5 points.
    I also had my graduation ceremony in August (I graduated in June 2021, but the ceremony was cancelled due to COVID restrictions)

🍂Let's be sensational and spark change this September!🍂

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Friday!

Tomorrow we have a kids 3rd birthday party and our community end of summer pool party happening back to back so I know I'll be exhausted and that there will be cake and goodies all over. I'm going to try really hard to resist all the thing but we'll see how it goes. On Monday our friends have invited us to go to Dollywood's Splash Country for the day too.... so on a school night I'll be driving back from Tennessee while truly exhausted and trying to get home before bedtime. The day will be fun but the drive back is going to bite.

I'm hoping on Sunday we can find some down time because as much fun as all the plans are I need a sit on the sofa and watch a movie or an afternoon nap type of plan in there somewhere too. I was hoping for Monday to be that day but my daughter is so excited about Splash Country on Monday that I didn't have the heart to say no.

Tag Party:
    @bonniemcc4 You may not have been on here as much as I appreciate the Instagram interaction. It sounds silly but seeing likes or comments helps me stay on track… especially since I only started the page because a friend encouraged me to do so. I don’t have a lot of confidence in my social media posts until it has a response of some sort. Seriously. Thanks.

@kenziestabes Music festival sounds so fun! I hope you have a blast.

@hap2go I hope everyone is ok now. It sounds crazy stressful.

@justanotherloser007 You survived Aug and all the crazy that happened. I hope everything gets smoother going forward. Also, love the photos!!!

@KeriA I love my YMCA membership. We use it for fitness, child care (after school program with the Y), literacy mentor for my daughter, pool, daughter’s volleyball team, etc. They offer so many programs that it’s a permanent fixture in our budget.

@CupcakeCrusoe It sounds like you needed the break. I hope the kids love their teachers this year.

@15822 Happy early birthday. September birthdays are the best.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Age 45
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 225.6
    GW for September 220
    UGW 145

9/01: 226.4
    9/8:
    9/15:
    9/22:
    9/30:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -At least 2 day at gym - 1 cardio, 1 strength
    -64 oz of water each day
    -LOG FOOD!
    -Try out custom meal plan

HorrorHound convention next weekend. This week is hard as it’s the anniversary of my brother’s death. Having the convention has helped me as I can celebrate him in a way as well; he loved horror movies. This year I’m able to take the week off so that is very helpful so I don’t get overly stressed or have anxiety. It’s been 23 years but the week still haunts me a bit; but not necessarily sad to me anymore though.

I feel like I’ve gotten nothing done. Supposed to work on packing my house; feel like I’ve just made it worse. Vacations were mostly good. I guess just feeling so overwhelmed that I do nothing. Hoping to be able to work on this with the week off.

I won the involvement contest for a Masterclass I’m on for the new program. Choice of free supplement or custom meal plan. Took the meal plan option. So I’ll be giving that a try once I receive it. 4 week meal plan so should be helpful for a month. I wasn't going to sign up for it otherwise but free; sure will give it a go.

@Justanotherloser007 – Always best to have fun with where’re we’re at and enjoy life. Definitely take the pictures!
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    @bonniemcc4 you are down 39lbs!!! Way to go, you are doing really well!!! Keep your chin up, and hold that line! You are probably too young to remember the kitty that hung from a rope on a poster, but I found it:
    nnzmttnbvoo7.png
    @kenziestabes I love your goals soo much! My favorite, "Do 1 social thing outside of church" I can't tell you how many weeks I was like, "I showed up and talked to some people at church. Whew! That was hard, maybe next week I will talk to them again!" Patting myself on the back, soo social!! I can't believe you added "oustide of church" because I guess there is actually a step up socially, mind blown!
    @sarah12277 I have to ask, if you feel like you are making your house worse - often that is mid-sort. I have never sorted any room without it being mid-catastrophe for a bit. Hang in there! Keep at it! If it is time you are having difficulty with, maybe give yourself a timer, so it isn't so overwhelming. Like, if I have to clean the garage - I will simply never find the time to do it, because it is a huge task. But if I spend 15 mins every day cleaning the garage, I know I can do that. And it eventually gets done, as opposed to never getting done because it will take too long to do. ((hugs))
    @pamperedlinny is that a Dollywood water park?? You have to tell us all about it! With pics!!
    @CupcakeCrusoe is the baby doing better? Oh, noes, Mom waited too long to invite ya'll over! I got one crazier, last night at 8:30 pm my niece told me that they were having a birthday party today at 5:30pm, for two of my great-nieces (by the way they are lovely, and cute, and special and my favorite). I didn't even get 24 hours warning! I had to cancel with my God-daughter and her beau, I was going to have them over for dinner. The hubby is getting cards and money since, I mean, he will be at work all day and I don't have a car. I also like some heads up in the family dept!! I love the fam, and I want to see the fam, I just want a little more time to plan too! Also *rustles around in a huge backpack to find* for the new peeps!!
    utuwrjma5jci.png
    On that note, I ran out of time! ((super special mercury is in gatorade or something hugs))

• KeriA
    Options
    Keri
    69 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish
    CW: 245.6 current scale weighs me 6 lbs heavier than old one so not sure about how much I have lost.
    Next Goal weight: 220 (how much I got down to the last time I lost a significant amount on MFP)
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 (healthy weight) then reconsider
    Sept GW: Get to low 240s or into the 230s and stay in them

I post weigh- in when I lose.
    8/3 (August low): 244.4
    8/31 244.6
    9/1: 245.2 we went out to dinner to celebrate that I am the top job candidate for 2 jobs and that our grandson is home from the hospital now. My calories were down for the day but the salt was probably quite high.
    9/2: 244.8 this isn’t a new low but it is a new September low and I am within a few tenths of a pound of my low. So I am ready to lose.

My son and daughter-in-law facetimed us while my new grandson was taking his bottle. He is a preemie so as my son said his son only does 3 things now sleep, eat and need to get his diapers changed. So cute.

Also I got a verbal offer for 1 of the 2 cities and they are offering it to me at the top of the pay range. They even are offering to give me a bank of paid leave off to start so I can visit my new Grandson in December.

We took the Y off hold and I did my research as to when I can do aqufitness. There is water walking every weekday morning. Only 2 aquafitness classes midday but I don’t need a teacher. There is a dance fitness class for seniors too that looks good. I plan to start now and will probably have to pare down a bit when I start back to work. So today I have to get ready to go to the Y tomorrow. I am going to go grocery shopping now since I did some meal planning yesterday. I finally unpacked from our trip yesterday. Otherwise I want to work on organizing our house this weekend.

@justanotherloser007 love the photos and the progress.
    @RavenStCloud nice simple goals and posting on here regularly was one of my goals for awhile too.
    @CupcakeCrusoe good sleep is essential and helps with weight loss. Good decision. Best with the showcase prep.
    @15822 Congratulations! My youngest missed their graduation ceremony too due to the pandemic and then the job market then was bad even with a Software engineering degree. They kept their skills sharp with a coding boot camp and is finally employed. September is a good time to get your head back into grad school. I planned to get a bike too but haven’t yet.
    @pamperedlinny It sounds like this weekend will be fun. Enjoy. We are going to try and see how safe it is now at the Y and if I can do my Aquafit between all the great kids swim lessons. They only have 1 class but I don’t really need a teacher for it anymore. Saw some interesting classes too.
    @sarah12277 glad you have found a way to remember your brother. Hope you enjoy your meal plan
  • mssexyt1
    mssexyt1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I am starting my journey again shortly after my birthday!

SW as of this morning is 220.4
    GW 175

Plans are to work out five times a week while I am away for the next three weeks.
    I am maintaining that for Sept and sticking to my calorie goals set by myfitnesspal.
    I will give myself a few days of grace here and there, but I plan to stick with it 98% of the time.
    Lastly, I want to hit the 10-pound weight loss goal this month.
    Good luck with your goals!
  • KeriA
    Options
    We went to the Y this morning and did Aquafit for the 1st time since the start of the Pandemic!
    It wasn’t a class it is on the pool schedule as water walking but basically it was adult pool time where half was lane swimming and half was open for adults to do their own water exercise. I felt it was safe this morning and it is on the schedule every weekday morning starting at an earlier time during the weekdays, so I plan to go 3 times a week. They have good water weights to use too. I didn’t use the locker room. I just threw a dress over my suit.

Seeing as how I haven’t been walking that much, this will help the exercise situation. I plan to do strength training one day a week. Maybe tomorrow. And I will continue walking but I don't have to do it on Aqufit days or strength training days. I still want to get a bike.

Yesterday I made a list of baby books and songs for my son and DIL. That was fun.

When I got the written offer I sent an email to the other city to ask about the status of my application and let them know about the offer but it was after hours on the Friday of Labor day weekend so don't expect a reply until next week. I was happy about the 1st offer but after I sent the email I was not happy or maybe a bit stressed and it wasn’t because I felt I handled it wrong. It took a while for me to realize that it is because I am tired of looking for jobs and interviewing etc. I just want to get a job and have things settled. After I sent the email it put me back in jobsearch mode. I was opening things up. It isn’t as if I minded getting another offer to compare but I didn’t like putting effort in continuing to solicit them. If I accept the 1st offer I will start on Sept 19th. I want 2 weeks free before starting a job. If I wait to accept it until hearing from the other city it erodes the 2 weeks. I really didn’t know what was bothering me for a while. I had 2 cities interested in me. Why was I unhappy? I am just tired of waiting and being in jobsearch mode. Once I had an acceptable offer I just wanted to settle for it. I am glad I figured out what was bothering me but I still need to wait until Wednesday to accept whatever is the best offer I have in hand.

I made my chili modified for my youngest's dietary restrictions. I found a chorizo mix that is no salt and mixed it with ground chicken to make chicken chorizo since I couldn't use regular chorizo and steak I usually use. I also put in lots of veggies and beans used in mexican cooking. I call it Chili con carne y Verduras. I may need to modify the name for using chicken instead. It of course tasted different but it was good and healthy.

@sargemarcori good start for the month.
    @mssexyt1 Happy belated birthday
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Mary 65 now, from Pennsylvania.
    Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22- 155 lbs
    4/1/22- 156.4 lbs :-( 4/6 & 4/7 most recent lowest weight 147.6 lbs.
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs :-(
    6/1/22- 152.2 lbs :-)
    7/1/22- 157.4 lbs :-(
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs :-(
    9/1/22- 175.2 lbs :-( Its been a bad few months. I've been eating too many carbs, including healthy ones.

9/4/22- 175 lbs Back on the rails. Staying on track better this month so far. Today had a wedding that was planned in 2 weeks for a girl at work. They were going to get married on zoom and in 5-10 minutes of a conversation at a work party 2 weeks ago, it became a work party wedding. We all brought a covered dish and a coworkers husband married them a block from where they live by the river. Very hard to calculate calories but I think I did fairly well except for a piece of cake. But you have to sample the cake. Its required! LOL!