KFC on Keto

Options
Hotelsma
Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
edited September 2022 in Food and Nutrition
My go to weight loss is Keto. Worked many times. I’ve experimented with food thru out and even managed to be able to eat KFC chicken and still loose weight. What surprising foods have anyone here got away with on Keto or diet generally

Replies

• Hotelsma
    Options
    @SuzySunshine99 i can’t do the calorie deficit way, if I have one snickers bars I need another 3 lol so best I don’t touch any.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Most surprising to me was that I could eat whatever foods I wanted and still lose weight...as long as I stayed within my calorie goal.

And that I never had to feel like I was "getting away" with something.

This 💯 Food is food for me
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Hotelsma wrote: »
    @SuzySunshine99 i can’t do the calorie deficit way, if I have one snickers bars I need another 3 lol so best I don’t touch any.

It's perfectly normal to avoid "trigger" foods that cause you to overeat. I think most of us do that to some extent...I can't buy Chex Mix, because I will eat the whole bag and then go back to the store to buy another bag.

I just could never cut out entire food groups like Keto requires you to. I'm glad it works for you, and if it's sustainable, then it's your path to long-term success.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options

Hate to break it to you but you WERE doing it the calorie deficit way. Eating keto was just what helped you achieve that.

Apparently repeatedly. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    KFC isn't KFC if you can't eat that crispy crunchy carb loaded batter around the chicken.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • glassyo
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    KFC isn't KFC if you can't eat that crispy crunchy carb loaded batter around the chicken.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I used to love fried chicken but then I realized the skin is part of it and my ewwwwww senses kicked in.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I used to love fried chicken but then I realized the skin is part of it and my ewwwwww senses kicked in.

The tastiest part imo 🤷‍♀️
  • Hotelsma
    edited September 2022
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I can promise you I eat the batter and found it kept me in ketosis. You’d be surprised how low carbs is in fried chicken

• Hotelsma
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The tastiest part imo 🤷‍♀️

With you on that

It's perfectly normal to avoid "trigger" foods that cause you to overeat. I think most of us do that to some extent...I can't buy Chex Mix, because I will eat the whole bag and then go back to the store to buy another bag.

I just could never cut out entire food groups like Keto requires you to. I'm glad it works for you, and if it's sustainable, then it's your path to long-term success.

I think because I get good results I keep at it.

• Hotelsma
    Options

Hate to break it to you but you WERE doing it the calorie deficit way. Eating keto was just what helped you achieve that.

Your right but what I meant by calorie deficit way is by eating everything but less. Weirdly I don’t have the discipline even tho keto is a lot harder, go figure. I think I find keto produces better results and why I stick with it.

• glassyo
    Options

Your right but what I meant by calorie deficit way is by eating everything but less. Weirdly I don’t have the discipline even tho keto is a lot harder, go figure. I think I find keto produces better results and why I stick with it.

Ooooo ok. I think some people think keto or IF or eating all eggs all the time or whatever are magic bullets when it all comes down to the same thing.

(The thought of skin is still icky but I'm there for carefully picking off the fried batter part. :) Oh hell, now I want a corn dog.)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Ooooo ok. I think some people think keto or IF or eating all eggs all the time or whatever are magic bullets when it all comes down to the same thing.

(The thought of skin is still icky but I'm there for carefully picking off the fried batter part. :) Oh hell, now I want a corn dog.)

Haha, I'm not sure why skin is ickier than the meat itself. Flesh is flesh. ;)
  • glassyo
    Options

Haha, I'm not sure why skin is ickier than the meat itself. Flesh is flesh. ;)

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME??????
    :)

LOL I don't know either.

It's been forever since I've had actual fried chicken and I've mostly been a skinless/boneless chicken breast kinda girl since the weight loss thing started.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't do keto, and there really aren't any surprises. I eat an overall pretty healthy diet, but I also eat my share of Popeye's, pizza from Village Pizza, NM food, pub grub, etc. I have a pretty good idea of what my calorie needs are on average and how to work with that. Generally, if I'm exercising regularly maintaining or losing weight is pretty easy. Food calories aren't really what get me anyway, it's usually beer and such. When I want to cut weight, I cut way back on alcohol and that in itself generally does the trick.
  • Hotelsma
    Options

Never had a corn dog. We don’t get those here 😕

• Hotelsma
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't do keto, and there really aren't any surprises. I eat an overall pretty healthy diet, but I also eat my share of Popeye's, pizza from Village Pizza, NM food, pub grub, etc. I have a pretty good idea of what my calorie needs are on average and how to work with that. Generally, if I'm exercising regularly maintaining or losing weight is pretty easy. Food calories aren't really what get me anyway, it's usually beer and such. When I want to cut weight, I cut way back on alcohol and that in itself generally does the trick.

I don’t drink but I’ve see what giving up beer has done to others belly lol