Why not me

Options
ok so I've been looking at a lot of successful stories and I've seen a few people who lost 30 pound (Just Like Me) and they look great they look like they lost 30lbs but me I don't see it SMH WHY???? But all in all congrats to everyone who is working hard and going for their goals I am proud just mad that I work out and eat right and I feel like I haven't changed :( sorry guys just need to vent

Replies

• Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Princessjanice - Congratulations on your weight loss. That is a tremendous loss.
    I think sometimes that the last person to see the weight loss is the person who is losing it. You see your body everyday, and so changes over a long time scale aren't always as obvious to ourselves as they are to external observes.

If you want a sense of your progress go and find something that weighs 30lbs, and then try carrying it around with you. You will definitely notice how much you have lost then :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I agree with Thamantha-we don't really see a difference, but others definately do!!

Not that it would make you feel better, but I didn't really notice anything until I lost 40-50 lbs and my clothes got baggy...

Congrats on what you have lost so far!!! :D
  • Norton1971
    Norton1971 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Its the same with many people, they just don't realise how good they look to have lost all those pounds. Believe me, I am just as bad. Even when I have been slim in the past, I still thought I was fat. Its a self image thing. But believe me, the response from others should reassure you. 30 lbs is a lot to loose. Well done!
  • Gypsy_MerMom
    Gypsy_MerMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thanks guys I kno but ugh I just wish I could see it
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself for the hard work you put in. losing 30 lbs is not an easy thing to do, I know. You may not feel it on the outside but your heart is saying something different. :flowerforyou:
  • leddie7
    Options
    Dude, you're crazy ! I can totally tell.. You look GREAT ! You've accomplished a LOT ! I'm so proud of you ! ILY<3